Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the m416 since I got it. I have all the assault weapons except the L85A2 and the 2 co-op weapons. I've been thinking I should pick up one of the newer weapons (newer = better maybe?) but I don't know. What's a great close range run and gun and medium range assault rifle? What do you guys use?

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezixn View Post

I've been using the m416 since I got it. I have all the assault weapons except the L85A2 and the 2 co-op weapons. I've been thinking I should pick up one of the newer weapons (newer = better maybe?) but I don't know. What's a great close range run and gun and medium range assault rifle? What do you guys use?
As far as I'm concernd there is only one weapon in that class. AN-94, with Heavy barrel, Holo sight and fore grip. Keep it on two shot burst. Dubble tap mouse. It has a slightly lower rate of fire than most rifle's but has amazing accuracy even at stupid far target's, along with a very "predictable" amount of recoil. Allowing you to headshot even at extreeme distance's. Iron sights arn't bad on it too.

pare it with the G18 and your good to go.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ive whored the AEK 971 like few others.... i've started using the F2000 just because at 15 service stars on the AEK i thought i should do something else.

Kobra > Foregrip > Silencer

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivesceneenough View Post

Ive whored the AEK 971 like few others.... i've started using the F2000 just because at 15 service stars on the AEK i thought i should do something else.
Silencer........................

Really?!

On my part, I would say F2000. It's such a beast (much better than BFBC2's F2000).

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

As far as I'm concernd there is only one weapon in that class. AN-94, with Heavy barrel, Holo sight and fore grip. Keep it on two shot burst. Dubble tap mouse. It has a slightly lower rate of fire than most rifle's but has amazing accuracy even at stupid far target's, along with a very "predictable" amount of recoil. Allowing you to headshot even at extreeme distance's. Iron sights arn't bad on it too.
pare it with the G18 and your good to go.
I haven't been a fan of the heavy barrel but I'll give it a shot with the AN-94. Hows that combo do close range?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivesceneenough View Post

I'm a big fan of the kobra and the foregrip for sure.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The FAMAS is the best. The AEK-971 and M16A3 vie for second place.

They all do the same damage but the FAMAS has the highest fire rate (1000 RPM). The AEK-971 follows closely in firerate (900 RPM) and has a faster reload time. The M16A3 only offers 800 RPM but has a MUCH faster reload time than either. There is very noticeable advantage in the reload time for CQB with a large number of hostiles.

Statistically speaking the other assault rifles fall behind in terms of the mix of fire rate, reload time and handling.

The AN-94 is really good but handles very differently from the other assault rifles. It's suspiciously accurate and more for bursty medium-long range engagements and doesn't do so well up close. It's definitely not BFBC2's AN-94.

·
PC Evangelist
47,492 Posts
I forget the name but the started gun for RU with no scope is best for me. It feels very realistic and make me a better shooter.

·
Banned
1,720 Posts
m416. predictable recoil with a good ROF. the aek is a bullet hose and isn't as accurate at medium-long range, plus it burns through ammo. L85 is a solid weapon but the ROF is too slow for CQB. so overall i say the m416 is the best.

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezixn View Post

I haven't been a fan of the heavy barrel but I'll give it a shot with the AN-94. Hows that combo do close range?
I'm a big fan of the kobra and the foregrip for sure.
Depends on your aim. If you can manage to always aim at about their neck/upper torso dubble tap and they go down, G18 is the perfect backup for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts