Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't play the game anymore because it keeps crashing after about a round of playing online. I don't know what to do. I have updated my drivers and I've tried removing all plugs and keeping the important ones.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Btw this recently started happening. I don't think I have changed anything or added anything to the computer to cause this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the game and reinstalling it? One of its core files may have gotten corrupted.

You could also check the disk for errors if you haven't already.

Same with your graphics card drivers, uninstall, reboot into safe mode, use driver sweep, reboot then install fresh driver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
you running msi afterburner or anything else in relation to your video card because if you, that's your problem. there is a fix, just search the forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen86;15337077
Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the game and reinstalling it? One of its core files may have gotten corrupted.

You could also check the disk for errors if you haven't already.

Same with your graphics card drivers, uninstall, reboot into safe mode, use driver sweep, reboot then install fresh driver
I will try to reinstall the game and check for errors, but I doubt that it is an issue with the graphics driver, they are up-to-date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by confed;15337099
you running msi afterburner or anything else in relation to your video card because if you, that's your problem. there is a fix, just search the forum
I'm not using afterburner, but I do have trixx installed. It is on there for the custom fan settings not overclocking or anything else.

But I've noticed something, you know after a while it freezes, but then there is a sound loop for a few seconds before the sound goes away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
I've had a similar problem on my PC.

I kept getting white screen lockups and BSODing with dxgmms1.sys error. Fixed it by deleting the DirectX dll files in the BC2 folder, D3DX9_42.dll, D3DX10_42.dll, D3DX11_42.dll and D3DCompiler_42.dll. Then the game runs the dlls in the Windows folder and doesn't crash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raemen;15339499
I will try to reinstall the game and check for errors, but I doubt that it is an issue with the graphics driver, they are up-to-date.

I'm not using afterburner, but I do have trixx installed. It is on there for the custom fan settings not overclocking or anything else.

But I've noticed something, you know after a while it freezes, but then there is a sound loop for a few seconds before the sound goes away.
both MSI Afterburner and Sapphire Trix make BC2 hard lock the PC.

the only way i can play BC2 with the GPU OCed is to open MSI Afterburner load the settings and close it.

uninstall Sapphire Trix.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,860 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Fantasy
View Post

both MSI Afterburner and Sapphire Trix make BC2 hard lock the PC.

the only way i can play BC2 with the GPU OCed is to open MSI Afterburner load the settings and close it.

uninstall Sapphire Trix.

I haven't played in a little, so I will double check when I get home.

However, like with the other thread, people with this issue seem to be either running Xfire or a Sapphire card (OP) by itself or in conjunction with another brand. I personally have run Afterburner with my ASUS 5850 since beta without an issue.

Maybe things have changed, or I got lucky, but it seems like a pattern.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,493 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by age_ruler1
View Post

BF3 Beta = 11.10 Preview Drivers.
IF you have 11.10 Preview drivers, that might cause the crashing. But as someone said before me, Reinstall the game. It might have some corrputed files in it.

Good luck.

this is true but, i just had to unistall the 11.10 and reinstall the 11.9 and then put caps2 11.9
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I believe any sort of graphics card monitoring software will crash this game. I was running GPU-Z and had the same exact problem (sound loop and crash). Not running GPU-Z fixed it for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok I think it was actually trixx that was doing this but, I only played an hour but before in about 20 minutes it would crash. What happened now was that it had a BSOD right after the game closed.
Which program should I use now for my custom fan profile.
I'll check with the BSOD after exiting game again, when I get the chance.
 

·
Aren't this fancy!
Joined
·
7,223 Posts
Afterburner should be alright. I'm using EVGA Precision (just a reskinned Afterburner I think) and BC2 runs fine.

For the sig rig I run MSI Afterburner and the game runs fine in Singleplayer at least, never MP'd on sig rig though I imagine it would be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So what would I have to do if the same goes for afterburner, I think the random crashes are causing those BSODs. So I don't want to do that again.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top