Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically this one. I found it and it fits right in my budget that I want to spend, my question is do you think I should get that or a newer seasonic 520watt unit for about the same price?

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Yes, but be warned that BFG is out of business so the PSU has no warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
It's a fairly average 1kW psu.

Keep in mind, you don't have a real warranty on the unit through BFG as they have closed down.

I live by the thought of "You get what you pay for", that being so, I would rather get the Seasonic for both piece of mind and a real warranty. Then again, others would go for the BFG... my 2c anyways.

·
PC Evangelist
46,962 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
If I may.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
I'll argue that point. ES-800, EX-1000 and EX-1200 were great PSU's.

All three used LLC resonant topology and DC to DC and entirely separate +5VSB PSU's within the PSU before anyone else.

Just because someone above me made me rush early samples to reviewers that weren't ready for mass production doesn't make the whole lot of them "mediocre" or just "good".

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardly View Post
Specifically this one.
Do not get that one. It is the older Topower made units and don't have as good output plus are noisier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
This is a better unit. http://www.overclock.net/online-deal...000-1000w.html
This one is a heck of a lot better, and is totally worth $50. They were selling pretty well at $200 new, and they cost BFG more than double what Geeks wants for them.

·
The Fabricat0r
5,933 Posts
I'd be a little wary of the refurb'd EX-1000 since it is unlikely they were actually factory refurbished. They are probably RMA'd PSUs that tested good by the techs at BFG, but were not sent back to Andyson for inspection/repair. I think the new ones are going for $100, I'm not sure if it is worth twice as much to have one that is more likely to work properly. Still, if I had any need for a 1000W PSU it's pretty tempting to grab one for $50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts