Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i recently bought a bfg geforce oc 256mb (non gt) was wondering if i can overclock it any higher than the original speed it was clocked to by bfg, i am pretty much new to this overclocking stuff would be happy if somebody could walk me trough this confusing proccess.
i run on a p4 2.0ghz with 512mb of ram, i also heard that the video card could pushed to a 410 mhz clock speed
the most stable config on my CoD2 is 640x480 resolution. thanks in advance
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by cutemup

hi i recently bought a bfg geforce oc 256mb (non gt) was wondering if i can overclock it any higher than the original speed it was clocked to by bfg, i am pretty much new to this overclocking stuff would be happy if somebody could walk me trough this confusing proccess.
i run on a p4 2.0ghz with 512mb of ram, i also heard that the video card could pushed to a 410 mhz clock speed
the most stable config on my CoD2 is 640x480 resolution. thanks in advance

Either use ATITool: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/V.../ATITool.shtml and then click "Find Max Core" and leave for around 30 mins and then "Find Max Memory" and leave for about the same time or d/l coolbits: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815 and then click "set optimal freq" in the Advanced Section of your Display properties and it will detect an overclocked value for your card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for the reply but this is gonna sound stupid .. isnt atitool for ati cards only ?? if it's not u are more than welcome to ban me for mah n00biness
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by cutemup

thx for the reply but this is gonna sound stupid .. isnt atitool for ati cards only ?? if it's not u are more than welcome to ban me for mah n00biness

The link I've provided is for nvidia as well as ATI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not to be annoying o great overlocker .. but is there any way i can flash the bios from a bfg geforce 6600 oc 256mb to a geforce 6600gt oc 128mbit .. and is that a wise choice ? thanx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Different types of ram used on those cards so not a good idea to flash the bios. Just overclocking would be the best option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ummm.. i am doin around 400mhz core and 270mhz memory .. and as soo as i up the mem i can start seeing little yellow dots on the atitool cube !! is that normal or should i keep goin
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by cutemup

ummm.. i am doin around 400mhz core and 270mhz memory .. and as soo as i up the mem i can start seeing little yellow dots on the atitool cube !! is that normal or should i keep goin

Those are artifacts, you should set the highest setting where you don't get any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
sounds like that cards sweet spot on the mem would probably be 265 ? also no you can flash it from what it is to anything else "ram size", but you are able to flash it to something else "gt". its kinda hard to find gt bioses that have 256mb, they are out there though, just keep looking
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top