Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new to overclock.net. I am interested in learning more about oc'ing and hope to do some in the near future. I currently have an issue with my 6800gt. If I play a graphically intensive game, i.e. FEAR, my screen will explode into a pixelized mess. The only thing I can do is power off the system. If I warm boot it then windows will also come up in the same pixelized mess. Once I power the system off and back on the problem clears.

The problem has been going on for about 6 months now. I have talked with BFG on the phone and they claimed the 78C reading the card was showing did not indicate a problem with overheating. I recently replaced my psu to a 400w Xion psu thinking that possibly the card was not getting enough power. After replacing the psu I noticed a boost in performance. Unfortunately the problem happened again last night running FEAR Demo. I have ordered an Arctic Cooler rev.3 for the card since I have run out of reasons for this problem. Not sure if I actually need it or not but I figured it was worth the small cost to protect the card anyway.

I was wondering if any of you might have any ideas or suggestions? Do you think it could be a overheat issue? I checked the temps again last night after the corruption but it seems the highest reading I can get is 78C. Of course that's after I minimize the game screen to see the reading. Not sure if it's hitting 80C or not. Maybe I'm still not getting enough power? I have a cdrw, dvd rom, 120gb hd, the 6800gt oc, a 2800xp running @ 2.21 ghz with 1.70 vcore, and a few fans.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Grizpin

·
Registered
470 Posts
Its Isnt From Heat My Evga 6800gt Got Over 100 B4 I Apllied As5 To The Heatsinc
Sounds Like Videoram
Sent It Back And Hav Them Repair Or Replace It

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizpin

Hi all I'm new to overclock.net. I am interested in learning more about oc'ing and hope to do some in the near future. I currently have an issue with my 6800gt. If I play a graphically intensive game, i.e. FEAR, my screen will explode into a pixelized mess. The only thing I can do is power off the system. If I warm boot it then windows will also come up in the same pixelized mess. Once I power the system off and back on the problem clears.

The problem has been going on for about 6 months now. I have talked with BFG on the phone and they claimed the 78C reading the card was showing did not indicate a problem with overheating. I recently replaced my psu to a 400w Xion psu thinking that possibly the card was not getting enough power. After replacing the psu I noticed a boost in performance. Unfortunately the problem happened again last night running FEAR Demo. I have ordered an Arctic Cooler rev.3 for the card since I have run out of reasons for this problem. Not sure if I actually need it or not but I figured it was worth the small cost to protect the card anyway.

I was wondering if any of you might have any ideas or suggestions? Do you think it could be a overheat issue? I checked the temps again last night after the corruption but it seems the highest reading I can get is 78C. Of course that's after I minimize the game screen to see the reading. Not sure if it's hitting 80C or not. Maybe I'm still not getting enough power? I have a cdrw, dvd rom, 120gb hd, the 6800gt oc, a 2800xp running @ 2.21 ghz with 1.70 vcore, and a few fans.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Grizpin

hhmm, well im not really sure wat maybe causing the prob since i get flicks when my card overheats but u could try some of this tips:
get the newest drivers from nvidia.com, update your windows, and if ur card is oc'ed put it back to stock speeds. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts