Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz, i just got a BFG 6800 OC and i think its messed up
. I play cs source and it says medium graphics recommended!! *** my 9800 PRO had HIGH graphics recommended! And i play farcry the autodetect detects it as Low settings... Do i have to send the card back to BFG?

My computer:
AMD 64 3000+ (754)
512 pc3200
enermax 460W
ASUS k8v-x
BFG 6800 OC 128 meg

I have Forceware 71.22 drivers installed, please help!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
well, sometimes it just detects wrong. set it manually to a better level, and if it plays fine then good. if not then something might be a little wrong. check if its running in 8x agp too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

well, sometimes it just detects wrong. set it manually to a better level, and if it plays fine then good. if not then something might be a little wrong. check if its running in 8x agp too.

I put the graphics on farcry to very high and it look very messed up, i see everything but its like there was a HUGE SUN lighting everything! and the water didnt look good. Damn im pissed , my core is at 350 and ram 700, i dont even think its been OCed!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
what kind of power supply do u have, maybe its not getting enough power.

and check if AGP settings are at 8x

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

what kind of power supply do u have, maybe its not getting enough power.

and check if AGP settings are at 8x

Yep, bus is at 8x and i have an ENERMAX 460W

*this is depressing, school starts monday and i just wanted to have the card for the weekend...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
hmm...very wierd. the card duesnt have a molex connector does it? also....maybe try usng different drivers. ive had best performance with the 71.20s

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

hmm...very wierd. the card duesnt have a molex connector does it? also....maybe try usng different drivers. ive had best performance with the 71.20s

Link please?

IS it normal that my core is at 350 and ram 700?
*EDIT : ok yes it is normal.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
i dont think its defective just because it runs slower. u might have a few settings messed up in the bios or something. wait until the other guys get on here....they might have someother ideas

im stumped

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
wow...holy crap that is wierd. but did u use drivercleaner before u installed the 6800? because this still might be a driver problem

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you unlocked your extra pipelines or VP, they might be defective. Try locking them again and test it out. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by w4r_m4chin3

If you unlocked your extra pipelines or VP, they might be defective. Try locking them again and test it out. Let us know what happens.

Nope, i locked the pipes back to 12 and same ****...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts