Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Hmm....if that price stays there, being $400, for next 3 weeks i will be buying it from fry's elecronics, for there is a store about a 20min drive from my house.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Hmm i oc my core 425..My mem is only 850 tho.. 11xx will prolly get you a little performance boost lol

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now its been fixed to say 400 dollars properly... plus the 50 dollar mail in rebate... rebate only good till 2-10-05 tho

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

now its been fixed to say 400 dollars properly... plus the 50 dollar mail in rebate... rebate only good till 2-10-05 tho

That only means that you should send in the MIR postmarked before 2/10/05. I guess it should still get processed..
Outpost website price on 6800 ultra beats newegg, tigerdirect etc..atleast on this one.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Actually, if you check the actual form you have to fill out, it says must be postmarked by 3-10-05, so definately a freakin awesome deal. I so wish AGP was SLi compatible cause for that price I'd buy 2

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Actually, if you check the actual form you have to fill out, it says must be postmarked by 3-10-05, so definately a freakin awesome deal. I so wish AGP was SLi compatible cause for that price I'd buy 2

Just planning to order the same at outpost.com I doubt if u will get the same deal at Fry;s locally on the store...

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

Just planning to order the same at outpost.com I doubt if u will get the same deal at Fry;s locally on the store...

:withstupi true but sometimes prices are the same as in the store (like my RAM) but most of the time they're not.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I meant to mention that... I think outpost will pull the rebate form on 2-10-05, or increase the price, but technically the rebate form says postdate by 3-10-05

Id get it but Ill end up having to spend money on a new powersupply then... :/

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
God I hope they don't screw me, I have no money right now, but I'll have enough by the end of the week

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just remember what the rebate says

1. Purchase BFG Technologies GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP graphics card at Fry’s between 2/3/05 and 2/10/05. Request must be postmarked by 3/10/05.

2. Fill out this form completely. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.

3. Mail this form with a copy of your receipt and the original BFG UPC
855650000487 proof of purchase to _____

so you still have to buy it by the 10th and they want a copy of the receipt to prove it... but either way, 400 bucks for an ultra is still great

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

just remember what the rebate says

1. Purchase BFG Technologies GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP graphics card at Fry’s between 2/3/05 and 2/10/05. Request must be postmarked by 3/10/05.

2. Fill out this form completely. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.

3. Mail this form with a copy of your receipt and the original BFG UPC
855650000487 proof of purchase to _____

so you still have to buy it by the 10th and they want a copy of the receipt to prove it... but either way, 400 bucks for an ultra is still great

Cool...

Can this card be connected with one hard disk connector split into two with splitter power cable ? Any voltage problems while doing this ?? PSU is only 350 W..trying to see if I can avoid a PSU upgrade...Dont mind doing it if i have to though..

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Cool...

Can this card be connected with one hard disk connector split into two with splitter power cable ? Any voltage problems while doing this ?? PSU is only 350 W..trying to see if I can avoid a PSU upgrade...Dont mind doing it if i have to though..

you'd probably have to upgrade your psu if you wanna run that card. it's a big boys card.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah youd definitely have to upgrade

splitting the power cables like that may work but Ive heard of people complaining of stability problems if the power connectors arent separate

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

here it is:
http://www.bfgtech.com/6800.html
480w psu minimum

(btw 600th post woo hoo
)

Yeah I saw that reco. at their website....I am going to try it with the 350 and see how the stability is and then order a 500w mostly. Thanks for the replies..

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

I am going to try it with the 350 and see how the stability is and then order a 500w mostly.

wow, good luck and may the force be with you
I recommend OCZ Powerstream 520w once your done with that 350w.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

I hate to see the diff. in price between just a PSU versus a Case with PSU is not that much.....I might as well shell in some extra bucks to get another case..thats bigger than this one..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Just ordered the card, it should hopefully be here in a couple of days...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts