1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BFG GTX 260 H2Oc
ETAIL Part #: BFGEGTX260896H2OCWE

Hi all,
I have one of these gpus, and recently been trying to find a second one, but havent found a twin yet. I have tried contacting BFG, but they also dont have any left.

Does anyone here has one? What do you think of your gpu? I particularly love my gpu so much that i want to find a twin for it.

Download Product Spec Sheet

Performance
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Core Clock 675MHz (vs. 576MHz standard)
Shader Clock 1458MHz (vs. 1242MHz standard)
Shader Model 4.0
Texture Fill Rate 43.2 Billion/sec.
Processor Cores 192
Memory
Video Memory 896MB
Memory Type GDDR3
Memory Data Rate 2326MHz (vs. 1998MHz standard)
Memory Interface 448-bit
Memory Bandwidth 130.3GB/sec.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
i remember i almost bought one of these and then saw it wasnt the 216 core version.

·
Constantly Evolving
686 Posts
I'm still curious as to why everyone seems to knock the 192 sp version as I have 2 of those and 3 of the 216's and honestly I only ever saw a 2 - 3 minimum fps gain.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muselmane View Post
this is really a damn cool cooler, would be even cooler if it had 216 cores ^^
You mean like this one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus7651000 View Post
I'm still curious as to why everyone seems to knock the 192 sp version as I have 2 of those and 3 of the 216's and honestly I only ever saw a 2 - 3 minimum fps gain.
Alright, turn in your computer enthusiast card and step away from the keyboard.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
192 cores gpus are quite good.

The 216 cores are better, but not much better. It also has 55nm chips whereas the 192 has 65nm chips, isnt it?

I get to hear a lot of that too about the 192 cores gtx260, but the difference isnt that big honestly. In foding ppd, the difference is very minor, only tiny points more.

I guess the newe 216 cores runs hotter then the older one though, but that is my guess.

Recalling everyone to the point of the topic, where is wally? lol i mean the twin for my gpu?

My guess is that these cards are very rare, and from being such amazing gpus, no one wants to sell it. I tried ebay too. I been in the search for this holy grail for over 1 year and nothing so far. I even asked if BFG would be willing to sell a gpu from their RMA stock, but that wasnt possible of course!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by denis6902 View Post
The 216 cores are better, but not much better. It also has 55nm chips whereas the 192 has 65nm chips, isnt it?
All 192 cores are 65nm.

All 55nm are 216 cores.

Some 216 cores are 65nm.

Got that?

Here's the same info put another way:
BFG GTX 260 192 core 65nm
BFG GTX 260 Maxcore 216 core 65nm
BFG GTX 260 Maxcore 55 216 core 55nm

BFG only made 65nm liquid cooled "H2OC" cards, in both 192 and 216 core flavors.

You can always buy a used GTX 260 and find a block for it. Maybe Danger Den could build you one. It is no longer listed on their site but they might have one sitting around. You just need to make sure you have the right block for whichever card you get.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
You could always buy a 260 and put a danger den block on it because thats all it is, I bought a couple BFG 280H2OC when they first came out even then they were limited, Egg and a few other places would have them for a few days and then be sold out for a month.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
You could always buy a 260 and put a danger den block on it because thats all it is, I bought a couple BFG 280H2OC when they first came out even then they were limited, Egg and a few other places would have them for a few days and then be sold out for a month.
Thats an option too. I got mine in Scan.co.uk but i am living in brazil atm.
I could get one stock version and slap a dangerden wb, but the hassle will be just as big i suppose. Its difficult to see these blocks around. And who has them, dont let them go easy either.

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts
Quote:

cool Zap, thanks for the input!

Would the waterblock from my H2oC fit a ECS Black Series NBGTX260-896MX???

I got an offer here in brazil for the wb, but i am not sure it would fit. If it does, i could slap a cheap GTX260 air-cooler and lower the selling price of the gpu perhaps.

any ideas?
Definitely not. The card you linked is 55nm and the layout is different.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Quote:

cool Zap, thanks for the input!

Would the waterblock from my H2oC fit a ECS Black Series NBGTX260-896MX???

I got an offer here in brazil for the wb, but i am not sure it would fit. If it does, i could slap a cheap GTX260 air-cooler and lower the selling price of the gpu perhaps.

any ideas?
The block from the H20C will not fit that ECS card. From the looks of it, the ECS is non-reference and it's also a 55nm card.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by denis6902
View Post

i though so too, since its a 216 cores, i thought it should have the 55nm chip. But wasnt sure of that.

thanks bois!

It has already been mentioned, but there are both 55nm and 65nm 216 sp cards. All three of my gtx 260 are 65nm core 216.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts