Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Packet Pusher
2,317 Posts
Can that card be unlocked I wonder? I have a 6800 that unlocked to 16/6 no problem.

·
Banned
151 Posts
If you have a computer without PCI-E, you don't need a graphics card like that anyway. You need a new CPU and mobo.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Damn, he really bashes it
Almost sounded personal.

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think that by this point in time, your money would be wasted on something like that when you should be getting a pci-e motherboard and cpu. It really is the time to change now. For whatever reason, people are still staying with agp, be it money, fanboy-ish-ness, or just stupidity (i had a former friend try and tell me that pci-e was going to be phased out by agp2 soon, and i called bs on that, but he was going to wait) there just isnt any reason to keep agp now. If you look at it, you could buy that, or you could start building another computer, motherboard ram whatever. Agp is dead, and the sooner people start realizing that, the sooner we can all move on lol. These companies are spending tons of money trying to bring new stuff to an old platform, which in turn brings our prices up. As minute as that raise in price may be, they are still higher than they could be if they werent still trying to appease all you agp-ers out there. The best advice to anyone would be save your money, and get new stuff, youre humping a dead horse.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by travbabble

I think that by this point in time, your money would be wasted on something like that when you should be getting a pci-e motherboard and cpu. It really is the time to change now. For whatever reason, people are still staying with agp, be it money, fanboy-ish-ness, or just stupidity (i had a former friend try and tell me that pci-e was going to be phased out by agp2 soon, and i called bs on that, but he was going to wait) there just isnt any reason to keep agp now. If you look at it, you could buy that, or you could start building another computer, motherboard ram whatever. Agp is dead, and the sooner people start realizing that, the sooner we can all move on lol. These companies are spending tons of money trying to bring new stuff to an old platform, which in turn brings our prices up. As minute as that raise in price may be, they are still higher than they could be if they werent still trying to appease all you agp-ers out there. The best advice to anyone would be save your money, and get new stuff, youre humping a dead horse.

While I agree that AGP is a dying platform, not everyone is ready to make the leap to PCI-e, especialy those of us (like me) that would require essentialy a full system overhaul.

·
Registered
356 Posts
That's why you build it one piece at a time. Why spend money to upgrade that when you can start getting everything ready for another computer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts