Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 516 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this posted anywhere.

Quote:
Samsung (005930) will soon go from licking its wounds to licking its chops if Apple's (AAPL) next iPhone utilizes LTE technology. The Korea Times reports that Samsung has "confirmed that it will immediately sue Apple if the latter releases products using advanced long-term evolution (LTE) mobile technology."
Source

Here is an other source also.

Quote:
Just when we thought it was almost over, we realize the party has only just started. New reports today are clearly stating that while Samsung might have lost the battle, in the end they'll win the war. According to the Korean Times Samsung holds just over 10% of all 4G LTE (long term evolution) patents and is prepared to play some offense of their own in the courtroom.
Source

I don't even think Google can stop them from pursuing this.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
The real question:

Are they FRAND and if they aren't has the supplier of LTE chips specifically signed something that says the patent-licensess are non-transferable with sale?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd View Post

Lets go. I'd gladly pay to watch Apple get destroyed in a court room!
Samsung needs a better legal team first. One that knows how to work closely with the marketing team so they can distort facts.

Needs to set-up a SDP (Samsung Distortion Field)

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
welps, sucks for apple. and shouldn't apple have known that samsung has 8% of the LTE patent share- the ones that matter? There's no POSSIBLE way they couldn't have known.

·
Registered
840 Posts
LTE= hardware patent that actually should stand
apple's "look and feel" rectangles that was invented long time ago, and only option to use touchscreens..

good luck samsung, hope you don't get Koh again..

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
If the iPhone 5 doesn't have 4G LTE it will be so far behind, that I will be trolling EVERYONE who buys one.

Also, why would they say anything before that. They gave away their plan. Apple could just disable the tech, say "look how honest we were. We designed our stuff around Samsung tech, but as we couldn't use it, we disabled it". I would have waited for them to announce the official iPhone5 specs, THEN go crazy.

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
I don't see this ending well for the consumer...

Not to mention if Google comes in, Apple is going to have their hands full, and we as the consumer pay.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post

Don't get how people can root for either of them.
Samsung = People's champion, GREAT products at great prices. For the people...
Apple = Expensive prices for lesser products.

Apple has not invented anything new since the ipad and even then, the ipad is an EXACT copy of an itouch/iphone in a larger size. I can't even notice the changes in iphones from generation to generation other than aesthetics. iOS is garbage.. I mean it's a great OS but boring/too simple. All phone manufactures are getting screwed by apple by suing them for the stupidest patents that shouldn't have been issued in the first place

The way I see it, Apple can't bring anything exciting to the table and they're pissed off like little kids. They screw all the other companies over and, therefore, all the consumers are suffering just because the manufactures are giving us what we want.

Apple = immature. The End. Period.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCast88 View Post

Samsung = People's champion, GREAT products at great prices. For the people...
Apple = Expensive prices for lesser products.
Apple has not invented anything new since the ipad and even then, the ipad is an EXACT copy of an itouch/iphone in a larger size. I can't even notice the changes in iphones from generation to generation other than aesthetics. iOS is garbage.. I mean it's a great OS but boring/too simple. All phone manufactures are getting screwed by apple by suing them for the stupidest patents that shouldn't have been issued in the first place
The way I see it, Apple can't bring anything exciting to the table and they're pissed off like little kids. They screw all the other companies over and, therefore, all the consumers are suffering just because the manufactures are giving us what we want.
Apple = immature. The End. Period.
I don't get how they can be the peoples champion when they're basically piggy backing off of every trend that Apple starts. The iPhone kicked off the current smartphone trend (which is evident from the change in Androids UI before launch) and the iPad kicked off the tablet trend. Yes Samsung is releasing great products, but not causing drastic changes in the market like Apple. And while Apple has caused drastic changes in the market they're also attempting to stifle it through lawsuits.

So yeah, neither is good.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

I don't see this ending well for the consumer...
Not to mention if Google comes in, Apple is going to have their hands full, and we as the consumer pay.
Sure you pay if you buy Apple(overpriced junk).

1 - 20 of 516 Posts