Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

So I am starting my new build soon and can't wait for my BH7 to arrive. I need some feed back on a few things. Trying to figure out if all these parts are going to fit inside this little beast of a case. Please feel free to let me know this is my first time attempting a smaller custom loop.

The name and theme of my build is called White Raptor and the following is the parts I have acquired for it:

Case
Bullet BH7 ATX -CASELABS Gun Metal - Own

Watercooled Equipment
240 radiator Hardware Labs GTS Nemesis Ultra Stealth U-Flow Low profile - Own
120 radiator Hardware Labs GTS Nemesis Ultra Stealth U-Flow Low Profile - Own
EKWB Supremacy Evo Nickel - Black Acetal - Own
2 X EK-FC 980 GTX BackPlate - Nickel - Own
2 X EK-FC 980 GTX - Nickel -Own
EK-DDC Heatsink Housing- Nickel - Own
Bitspower DDC TOP TANK Adapter Seat (Acrylic Edition) - Own
Bitspower DDC TOP Water Tank Integrated Kit 100 (Acrylic Edition with Z-Cap II) - Own
EK-DDC 3.2 PWM (12V PWM pump) - Own
10 X Mayhems 12mm (OD) Borosilicate Glass Tube - 500mm - Own

Computer Hardware
Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Deluxe - Own
Motherboard - X99 Pro USB 3.1 - Own
Processor - 6700K Intel 4.0GHZ - Own
Processor - 5820k Intel OC 4.5GHZ
GPU - 2 X EVGA 980 SC ACX 2.0 - Own
Memory - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 - Own
PSU- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G3 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power - Own
[FANS - 4 Noctua Industrial 120 2000RPM IP67 PWM - Own
FANS- 2X NoiseBlocker NB-eLoop Fan B12-P - 120mm PWM (2000rpm) - Own
FANS- Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 120mm x 15mm PWM Fan - White - Own
FANS- 2 X Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 120mm x 15mm PWM Fan - Black -Own
FANS - 2 Noctua R8 Redux 1800RPM PWM - Own
Lighting- NZXT Hue + - Own
Noctua NH-U9S -Own Used for testing on Air

Custom sleeved cables hand made - Own

Storage
1X Samsung 950 Pro 512GB - Own
2 X Samsung 850 250GB RAID 0 - Own
2 X Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB 3.5 10000RPM RAID 0 - Own

OS

Windows 10 Pro x64 OEM

Thanks,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my biggest concerns is the radiators. Do you think that is enough to cool both the CPU and Dual GPUs. I was worried that I would not have enough heat dissipation. Yeah I cannot wait to get case and start looking at it up close and in person
smile.gif

·
Registered
699 Posts
You've picked a tricky case to put a custom loop in for your first try. Be very precise with your measurement planning as the room is incredibly limited. I'm doing a BH7 log as well in my sig where I've discussed a number of the measurement issues if you care to take a look.

It certainly can be done, but given the tight space, you have to be very creative on fitting everything in.

Subbed, and good luck!

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdoxey View Post

One of my biggest concerns is the radiators. Do you think that is enough to cool both the CPU and Dual GPUs. I was worried that I would not have enough heat dissipation. Yeah I cannot wait to get case and start looking at it up close and in person
smile.gif
Shouldn't be a concern until you run the loop yeh? What else are you going to do? Buy new rads?

Might as well use what you have and see if it sufficient. Another alternative if you find that the cooling isn't enough could be to get higher RPM fans.

Are the Noctua's 2000 Rpm?

I see that you might not have too much Overclocking headroom with the Rads, but the Computer will run fine with what you have.
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear907 View Post

You've picked a tricky case to put a custom loop in for your first try. Be very precise with your measurement planning as the room is incredibly limited. I'm doing a BH7 log as well in my sig where I've discussed a number of the measurement issues if you care to take a look.

It certainly can be done, but given the tight space, you have to be very creative on fitting everything in.

Subbed, and good luck!
You see! There is hope
biggrin.gif

TCO

·
Registered
699 Posts
Quote:

smile.gif
If you manage to fit both of those in there, they are rated at 750w and 350w of cooling. That should support a stock SLI or even a slight OC just fine.

·
Senior OCN Member
39,857 Posts
If you are not already aware note that the 1000 watt EVGA SuperNova G2 you picked does not have any hybrid fan aka eco mode on it.
This means that the fan is always on even at ilde and the fan is not all that quiet.

If you want hybrid fan mode aka eco mode you are going to have to move up to a P2 instead.

Edit: sory you already own it never mind then.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is okay for me I have one of the older versions of the 1000G2 EVGA that has the eco button thingy on the back. I also have a pair of super noise canceling headphones that pretty much block out noise.
thumb.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
39,857 Posts
From what i know the G2 1000 watt has never had any kind of hybrid fan mode so are you sure?
I am just asking nothing more.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are indeed correct sir. I think I was looking at another version of EVGA PSUs, but it should still give me enough horsepower to drive everything.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Quote:

The name and theme of my build is called White Raptor and the following is the parts I have acquired for it:

Bullet BH7 ATX -CASELABS Gun Metal - Preordered
errr 'white raptor' in a gun metal case? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if your trying to figure it out take a look at the Ford and type in white Raptor the truck. It's not a dinosaur lol
wink.gif

Plus I did not want a entire white case even tho caselabs did offer it I think it will be perfectly balanced with the white of the motherboard. Plus I am a sucker for the gun metal grey
smile.gif

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Everyone so I thought I share some pics of the hardware I already have for the build until the case arrives. Give me some feedback on what you all think... I was thinking of maybe of spray painting the 240 radiator. I will be uploading the rest of the hardware later today

Enjoy
smile.gif

·
Enthusiast Cases
4,990 Posts
Quote:

So if your trying to figure it out take a look at the Ford and type in white Raptor the truck. It's not a dinosaur lol
wink.gif

Plus I did not want a entire white case even tho caselabs did offer it I think it will be perfectly balanced with the white of the motherboard. Plus I am a sucker for the gun metal grey
smile.gif
I love Raptors
wubsmiley.gif
Maybe someday... Had to go with a 4x4 SCrew instead
smile.gif

Looking forward to the build!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah they are pretty nice trucks especially the ones that are mod. I am a Subaru guy by nature but for some reason that truck caught my eye.

I can't wait to start building in the case it will be very interesting if all my stuff I have for the build will work. As for tubing I am consider glass tubing or PETG.

smile.gif

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Everyone,

So I got a few more pics for you all. Let me know what you all think I think it will come together nicely. I decided if all goes right and space allows me I will do glass tubing which will look amazing
biggrin.gif
: Well anyway enjoy the pics feel free to let me know if you have any questions regarding this build I am doing.

I can't wait June 10th is almost here already and it will be go time lol
thumb.gif

Enjoy
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Really intrigued how this turns out, as I've had my eye on this case but I just can't figure out how a build will look in it. Probably due to lack of pictures of any builds using it yet, but as I want to see everything in my system, I'm a bit concerned the window on the BH7 is a bit 'letterboxed', and I'll just get sight of a small section of motherboard and a big eyeful of GPU... and that's about it. I know it has the window on the other side, but you can only see through one window at a time, depending which way the case is oriented... but if you want to see the opposite window (i.e looking at the area above the GPU), then the power switch is going to be slightly more awkward to access.

It's a beautiful case no doubt, and I think your build sounds amazing, but I do wonder if this case is the best way to go for showing off a build in its entirety? I may be wrong, but it's a concern I have.

rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah no doubt I understand your concern. Its one that I had as well before I ordered my case. But I if there is one thing I know about Caselabs is they are always ways to mod it to the way you want it.

Keep a eye on the build will be doing more updates as soon as I get the case so stay tuned in and sub.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts