Overclock.net banner

What should be the minimum mousepad size?

• 14" (~356mm)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • 15" (381mm)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • 16" (~406mm)

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • 17" (~432mm)

Votes: 39 55.7%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BIG Mousepad Club, Discussion & Suggestion Thread
Introduction
For those of you with a mousepad with side longer than about 16" (~406mm, this dimension can be changed if the need arises, I'm no authority on mousepads) on one side, you can now join the (currently) Unofficial BIG Mousepad Club/Thread. It's purpose is to gather those of us who like big gaming surfaces for discussions, suggestions, reviews, news...and the like. Anything about mousepads!

I need to know about more large mousepads, please post any known mousepads with a side 16" or bigger. The most helpful thing would be to provide the model, brand, and a nice looking stock photo of the brand's flagship pad.

How to Join
Just post a picture of your mousepad and the model. If it isn't on the list, I'll add the mousepad, assuming it's big enough.

Members List

Artisan

Hayate
Bentz

Corepad

C1
MrFerrari - Large

Deskpad

C.Y.B.O.R.G.

G.L.I.D.E
Bitemarks and Bloodstains - G.L.I.D.E. 7

Mionix

Sargas

Ozone Gaming Gear

Ground Level Evo

PureTrak

Talent
gentagelse

QPAD

CT

Heaton
MrFerrari - XL

Razer

Goliathus
phillyd - Extended Speed Edition
Tohru Rokuno - Alpha Control Edition
Toatoa - Alpha Control Edition
teamrushpntball - Extended Speed Edition
Lisjak - Alpha Speed Edition
FreekyGTi - Extended Speed Edition

Roccat

Taito

Steelseries

QcK
MrFerrari QcK+ Na'Vi and SK
zulk - QcK Heavy and QcK+ Tyloo

XFX
Warpad
AddictedGamer93

XTRAC Pads

Ripper
dekciW - XXL
dklic6 - XXL
b0z0 - XXL

(Many more to be added)

Take the Signature
exclamation.gif
The BIG Mousepad Club/Thread
exclamation.gif

Code:

Code:
:exclamati [URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1346798]The [B]BIG[/B] Mousepad Club/Thread[/URL] :exclamati

·
Registered
293 Posts
Okey, so we are going to have a club for ppl with cheap but big mousepads now?.. The biggest problem for me when it comes to size is the deepth of the pad. I tend to use my mouse pretty far in on the table and I think it's most comfortable to rest my arm on the pad. With my arm taking about ½ of the pads depth, there's not that much room left.

Large pads that I own:
Steelseries QcK+ Na'vi and SK
Corepad C1
Qpad Heaton XL

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFerrari View Post

Okey, so we are going to have a club for ppl with cheap but big mousepads now?.. The biggest problem for me when it comes to size is the deepth of the pad. I tend to use my mouse pretty far in on the table and I think it's most comfortable to rest my arm on the pad. With my arm taking about ½ of the pads depth, there's not that much room left.

Large pads that I own:
Steelseries QcK+ Na'vi and SK
Corepad C1
Qpad Heaton XL
I'm not sure what you mean by them being cheap. I never said if the dimension was width or length. this is big. just big. that's it. Thanks for the entry and suggestions though!

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
I have a large Ozone Gaming Gear one, used to have the small one but after two years it was very worn, girlfriend got me this one for christmas. Linky link.
smile.gif

Although I think it's 35CM long which is about 13", so not sure if it qualifies. Find a better link and see, ha.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ozone Ground Level L is 400mm across, you might have the Level or Level XT though, which are smaller. Are you sure it's the Level L?

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkd View Post

Roccat Taito King Size 455mm x 370mm x 5mm - great pad!

Thanks! I see you have a Steelseries, is it big enough for the club?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm running a Razer Golaithus alpha Control series - 17.48" x 13.98".
1199548_sa.jpg
IMG_6750.JPG

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toatoa View Post

Just got the same one a few days ago, quite liking it so far.
I've had mine for a year - I'm happier with the mousepad than the mouse. The Razer mouse developed a squeak in the scroll wheel after only a few months. Next mouse is going to be a different brand, maybe Logitech.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've always felt my SS 5L was rather large and so did the reviewers. So far it stands at 15" x 11". I will not go any larger... okay I probably won't go larger as it would end up going under the keyboard anyway.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All above added!
A lot of people are wanting a rather large minimum size, so I think I'll be splitting the member lists into 14"+, 17"+ and deskpad lists.

Any thoughts on the titles for each?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have the steel series one, love the amount of space it has. But, I need something bigger..... anyone know of a place I can get a 2 foot X 4 foot mouse pad?

I want to cover my desk with it since I have 4 computers running on that desk and often run out of mousing space with 4 mice rolling around.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts