Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok windows xp needs a raid driver for my motherboard and i have absolutely no idea where to get the raid drivers. The motherboard is a gigabyte GA-8KNXP Rev 2 and the RAID chip that its on is the Silicon Image Serial ATA chip. The Raid mirror i setup is detecting and everything but i cant find this driver. Gigabytes website doesnt seem to have the actual driver so i need help baaaad.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Check out the Raid driver on this page

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%201.0).htm

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah they dont work... i got the drivers though but now im having a damn windows installation problem, that NTDLR file is missing >

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024

Yah they dont work... i got the drivers though but now im having a damn windows installation problem, that NTDLR file is missing >

When is it coming up with that message, part way thru the install?

Is your system overclocked?

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

When is it coming up with that message, part way thru the install?

Is your system overclocked?

No it just turns out the computer was trying to tell me im a dumbass. Seems as if it took it upon its own initative to re-organize my boot device lineup and put my USB hard drives at hte top of the order. The computer tried to boot off a drive full of seinfeld and mp3s and thus, couldnt find the NTFLS or whatever the hell the file was. Only after 3 reinstallations of windows did i realize "oh you moron, maybe the boot order got screwed up" and fix the problem. I am now back online.... and even more suspicious of guru3d seeing as their drivers forced me to reinstall windows XP (im not sure how many xp installations ive had in the past few hours) because i blue screened upon loading vga440.sys even in safemode and they were WHQL certified nad what not. I am proud to say that my job is done... im tired... and many people will pay with their lives for the night ive had to go through.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024

No it just turns out the computer was trying to tell me im a dumbass. Seems as if it took it upon its own initative to re-organize my boot device lineup and put my USB hard drives at hte top of the order. The computer tried to boot off a drive full of seinfeld and mp3s and thus, couldnt find the NTFLS or whatever the hell the file was. Only after 3 reinstallations of windows did i realize "oh you moron, maybe the boot order got screwed up" and fix the problem. I am now back online.... and even more suspicious of guru3d seeing as their drivers forced me to reinstall windows XP (im not sure how many xp installations ive had in the past few hours) because i blue screened upon loading vga440.sys even in safemode and they were WHQL certified nad what not. I am proud to say that my job is done... im tired... and many people will pay with their lives for the night ive had to go through.

Glad you got it working. Not sure why those drivers killed your system - I've never had any problems with drivers from Guru32 before...but there you go

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah its pretty weird... i had downloaded some 70.xx version a while back and it messed up mys ystem pretty bad too, weird stuff.

·
Registered
386 Posts
should be on there sum where!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts