Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a corsair 3gbs sata 2 ssd and a sata 3 6gbs ssd what ports should they be in got an p8p67 deluxe mobo

·

13,038 Posts
Look in your manual and find the Intel controlled ports.

Intel sata 6 and the Intel sata 3 should be used.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
The white ports are Intel SATA 6GB/s, the light blue are SATA 3GB/s

SATA 2 SSD in SATA 2 port or SATA 3 port ans the SATA 3 SSD in the SATA 3 port.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jmicron or marvel

·
Breaker of Video Cards
1,186 Posts
I just checked out your motherboard. Ya you want to use the Gray port for the Sata 3 SSD and the Light blue ports for Sata 2. If you wanna squeeze some boot time or remove unnecessary drivers from your computer I would (and do) 100% disable the Marvell ports and the JMicron controller in the BIOS, assuming you aren't using those for anything. Marvell ports have a history of being terrible and sinking your SSD's speed.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby654 View Post

I just checked out your motherboard. Ya you want to use the Gray port for the Sata 3 SSD and the Light blue ports for Sata 2. If you wanna squeeze some boot time or remove unnecessary drivers from your computer I would (and do) 100% disable the Marvell ports and the JMicron controller in the BIOS, assuming you aren't using those for anything. Marvell ports have a history of being terrible and sinking your SSD's speed.
dont i need the jmicron to make the intel 6gbs to work

·
Breaker of Video Cards
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxy View Post

As far as I know, no. I have the P8P67 Pro motherboard, a lot like yours, and I disabled the Jmicron and the Marvells. If you do encounter anything weird just re-enable them!
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby654 View Post

No.. The J-micron controller is for your e-SATA connections on the rear panel, and the front expansion header. Only needed if you use the external SATA. the marvel controller controlls the two (I think dark blue) sata connectors on the motherboard. If you have nothing plugged into these (you shouldn't unless you've filled all the intel connectors), turning off in the UEFI saves a couple of seconds on boot.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i think i pluged my front esata to a normal sata 3gs on my mobo how can i check what my esata is pluged in to and to know if its the esata contact?

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Quote:

well i think i pluged my front esata to a normal sata 3gs on my mobo how can i check what my esata is pluged in to and to know if its the esata contact?
My bad.. should have looked at your motherboard in your sig. the J-Micron controller is for the two rear panel e-sata connectors. Now that I think of it, I don't think the P8P67 deluxe has an internal e-SATA connection on the motherboard, so if you are connected to a standard SATA connector on the motherboard, turning off the J-Micron controller will not affect the front panel sata connection.

I was thinking e-SATA when I first posted, and realized after your post, that what I was really thinking of, was the FireWire 1394 connection mid board... not e-SATA. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts