Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
personally I would go insane, but you will get temps that rival or are a bit better than the tuniq tower. Here is how I tell something is too loud: If I can hear my pc over some music that I am playing at a meduim volume, its too loud.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by enz660
View Post

personally I would go insane, but you will get temps that rival or are a bit better than the tuniq tower. Here is how I tell something is too loud: If I can hear my pc over some music that I am playing at a meduim volume, its too loud.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's gonna sound like one of those old-school hair dryers or a small jet engine, 'cause it moves *a lot of air*.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have a Delta that is rated at 130 cfm and honestly my hard drive is louder than that by a lot. Maybe I'm a bit more deaf than other people I don't know but it really didn't bother me that much. I say go for it!

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Argosy View Post
will the noise allow me to think straight?
Nope. I have the same fan on my BT. Word of advice, get a fan controller.

·
Registered
988 Posts
sorry to hijack but where do you order these delta fans, i looked around but could not find them

·
Registered
173 Posts
about the fan controllers, how do they go about limiting the fan? is it like by limiting voltage or do they connect only to fans with an option of adding a fan controller?

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cHoBomonkey
View Post

about the fan controllers, how do they go about limiting the fan? is it like by limiting voltage or do they connect only to fans with an option of adding a fan controller?

It's usually by limiting voltage.

Some fans though can use what's called PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) which makes it send "bursts" of power instead of undervolting it, making it a bit more flexbile.

It would be pretty much pointed out on the box though if it was PWM adjusting instead.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
It's simular to a Light dimmer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts