Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a refurbished BT and i was so excited that i ordered it not knowing that it doesnt come with all the hardware....so it says.... ***? where do i get the mounting hardware to mount it? or am i just gonna have to return the damn thing and pay full price?

thanks guys...

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this pisses me off....im either gonna have to cancel the order while i can or im gonna end up spending more on the damn refurb than it would cost for it new....

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
i just googled around and didn't see anything at all. looks like you might have to go for the retail....

or buy a used one that includes all the parts and lap it if you can find a really good deal on one.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
You are in luck!!! Every BT comes with two of the brackets, and you only need one. So just find someone that has the spare still lying around and get it from them. Although that kinda takes the sweetness out of the deal.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yea i searched for mounting hardware, brackets, accessories, couldnt find jack..since it comes with 4 brackets for 4 different types of sockets, try to find a bracket here forsale that someone didnt use, or to make it easier, just get retail.

damnit Fishie36 beat me. )

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie36

You are in luck!!! Every BT comes with two of the brackets, and you only need one. So just find someone that has the spare still lying around and get it from them. Although that kinda takes the sweetness out of the deal.

I used two for mine...

Check my FAQ.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by u.c.i.n.e.x.

yea i searched for mounting hardware, brackets, accessories, couldnt find jack..since it comes with 4 brackets for 4 different types of sockets, try to find a bracket here forsale that someone didnt use, or to make it easier, just get retail.

No, all the brackets are the same. The black pieces are just cardboard, and the metal pieces are exactly the same, just there's two of them. My friend bought a BT and I installed it for him so I know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amped

I used two for mine...

Check my FAQ.

That's odd... I looked at your FAQ and it's totally different than my experience. I didn't even do anything on the back of the board with his. I just put the heatsink on the cpu, put 1 H bracket on that, and screwed it in. Maybe intel needs both? That would explain it. He had an opteron.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Quote:

No, all the brackets are the same. The black pieces are just cardboard, and the metal pieces are exactly the same, just there's two of them. My friend bought a BT and I installed it for him so I know.

ok. i guess i stand corrected those black ones seem to be cardboard to repell metal to metal touching .

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
************************************************** **<<<the longest swear word ever!

im just gonna cancel the damn order then order a retail tomorrow....im so stupid for hopping on this like white on rice, i knew it was too good to be true!****!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
canceled...
im gonna cry now....lol im soo pissed right now...

·
Registered
455 Posts
lol, i have no idea why they would sell a refurbished item without the mounting brackets, naturally you would want to mount it on your cpu. idiots.

·
Registered
679 Posts
it's worth it to get the retail...might want to pick up a better fan too...the silverstone 110 cfm fan is good as well

btw, you should use both mounting brackets to secure the heatsink properly...so it's worth the extra 10 bucks

enjoy!

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shortfuse

Ok have u tried calling newegg? cuz normally newegg states if the refurbished product has missing parts, since it was not stated u can call them up and ask them

It does state the missing parts. It's in red text as you look at the pictures. I think it's also in there somewhere as you place an order with refurbished parts.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it was stated in the pictures....they tried to hide the info... and i just canceled so thanks for the help guys.... ill just pwn them all when i get around to it....

and ya *** is up with selling a product you can use properly...? i dont have a welder so thats not an option...lol bastards, i hope they all die!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Quote:

It does state the missing parts. It's in red text as you look at the pictures. I think it's also in there somewhere as you place an order with refurbished parts.

It does? i dont see it...i must be going blind

OOOOPS nevermind i see it now.. hahaha damn newegg is getting smarter u have to enlarge the pic to see it. back then it was stated on the main page.. oh well

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

That's odd... I looked at your FAQ and it's totally different than my experience. I didn't even do anything on the back of the board with his. I just put the heatsink on the cpu, put 1 H bracket on that, and screwed it in. Maybe intel needs both? That would explain it. He had an opteron.

My FAQ described how I did it was an Opty 144 and a DFI Lanparty. It's not the conventional way, but it worked.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
I just installed a Big Typhoon tonight on one of the rigs I built today with a AMD 3700. It comes with 4 total metal brackets. If your motherboard uses a tall backplate (which his did), you only use 1 total bracket for socket 939. He has 3 brackets left, so if anyone is in the same situation, let me know. Btw, I've got to mention that I was not prepared for how SILENT this thing is. I was totally blown away! What an awesome piece of equipment. I used a Fortron psu and a video card that only uses a heatsink (no fan) and his computer was nearly silent. I was really, really impressed with how quiet both the Fortron psu and the Big Typhoon were. I'll be using both a lot more frequently now. I'd also like to mention to anyone reading this that Western Digital has fixed the Sata connector problem that many have. They are now shipping a "locking bracket" with the Raptors. (at least the 74 gb version)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts