Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im thinking of updating my cooling and getting a big typhoon what sort of vcore could i use and still keep my temps under 50c i would prob use as5 with it, would i be able to use 1.7v ?? or higher ??

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzo15

hey im thinking of updating my cooling and getting a big typhoon what sort of vcore could i use and still keep my temps under 50c i would prob use as5 with it, would i be able to use 1.7v ?? or higher ??

Keep in mind that regardless of temperatures, using higher voltage will shorten the lifespan of the cpu. The transistors aren't designed to switch on/off with that much voltage, so don't go overboard even if the temps are fine.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzo15

Each processor is different. But I Ran 1.74 V-core with my Typhoon. I had the IHS removed though.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
I gave mine 1.85 and it only got up to 42* load. Wouldn't recommend that much as my proc is dying just a few months later.

I say don't go past 1.65.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to be getting the same board as you and a new psu as well do you think i could get as good a overclock as you ?? what vcore are u yousing to get 2.7??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts