Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... jus got this HSF big typhoon thermaltake. temps are low at load... 60c.... wondering wat u guys think of it

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
60C is pretty high actually. Not dangerous, but you don't have much headroom...The Typhoon is an older model, tho, and does perform rather well for it's age. It's like my GeminII, sittin' on the front porch yelling at the newer coolers like the TRUE Copper about how they had to go to school uphill both ways in the snow every morning to learn how to use their heatpipes...

·
I TeK things...
17,433 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

60C is pretty high actually. Not dangerous, but you don't have much headroom...The Typhoon is an older model, tho, and does perform rather well for it's age. It's like my GeminII, sittin' on the front porch yelling at the newer coolers like the TRUE Copper about how they had to go to school uphill both ways in the snow every morning to learn how to use their heatpipes...

Lol...that is the funniest thing I have read all day.....

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingklick92
View Post

very high ambient temps... in SoCAl second floor.... room hits like 70-80 degress F

It's performing about as well as it can. BT is a good cooler, but it's not the best cooler. It's old and it knows it

It was also designed long before quads actually hit the desktop market, so it's actually quite amazing that it can keep the quad under wraps with an ambient high enough to drive an average human being completely nuts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts