Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking at getting a new cpu fan and i was looking at Big Typhoon someone told me that i cant get it because it cant be applied to socket 478? is this true and if it is can i get some type of adapter. Also i have a question about SpeedFan when it is running it says my cpu is at 33 degress celsius but in my bios my temp is at 40 degress celsius which should i beleive?

·
Registered
688 Posts
The big typhoon will fit s478, as its is a universal heatsink,.
Durin bios i believe the bios will put some load on ur processor, but whle your in windows with speedfan your processor will be able to go idle which is why u have lower temps.

·
Registered
219 Posts
big typhoon fits every socket and all types of mobos..but its BIG hence the name...its very good for cooling at at stock speed on my cpu im at ambient temps...(room temp) and not much high when oc'd 25+%..its very good for everything, and it fits everysocket... the big typhoons on the page =] www.thermaltake.com

-trey

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so will it really bring down my cpu temp? lol i mean is it as good as everyone says? i was aslo wonderign if someone could look at the screeny i took of SpeedFan it seems mest up to me maybe u can tell me what i should do

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I went to the sight to see the compatability, I noticed the prescott 3.0 compatablity. I have the Northwood 2.8 socket 478, will it also be compatable with my processor? I have a Sony Vaio with the factory case, do u think I could make the clearance? Any help would also be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It will definitely fit on your processor, but make sure that it will work with your mobo/case combination. My Gigabyte board has the CPU very close to the top edge and it causes the top of the BT to hit the PSU in my Mid-Tower case. So my BT is sitting in a drawer until I can cough up the bucks for a new full tower.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Those temps look pretty decent already.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i want a big typhoon but i am still unsure where to get one in the uk and what fan i should replace the stock fan with?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts