Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the big typhoon the best air cooling hsf for over clocking?

·
Registered
661 Posts
In my opinion, Yes!.. with a nice 100cfm fan instead of the stock one, you can get amazing temps. I have a prescott, and it brought my temps down from 62-load to 52-load. Its definetly the best cooler out there.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
From everything I have read, I would have to say yes. I am stopping by Fry's tonight and pick one up. I just hope it fits in my case, because it's a big somB&^%! I believe it also helps to upgrade the fan.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualan

From everything I have read, I would have to say yes. I am stopping by Fry's tonight and pick one up. I just hope it fits in my case, because it's a big somB&^%! I believe it also helps to upgrade the fan.

when you mean upgrade fan, you mean change it to another one? Why, is the stock fan *****? What 120mm fan will you change too?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negotiator

when you mean upgrade fan, you mean change it to another one? Why, is the stock fan *****? What 120mm fan will you change too?

I haven't had real world experience yet, but the major complaint has been the stock fan. I'm going to give it a go stock tonight and decide if the upgrade is neccessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts