Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where ever I plug in my hard drive, my asus p5wd2 detects it as a slave drive and this makes windows give me random STOP errors by the name of 0x00000f4

How do I configure my sata hard drive to make it recognized as a master instead of a slave. The first time I built this system it was a master but now I have no idea what happened.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
if ur drive is a sata drive, then u need to install the sata controller files maybe they are corrupted also u need to make sure ur bios sees them correctly...do both and see what happens....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by postaldudeleo

Where ever I plug in my hard drive, my asus p5wd2 detects it as a slave drive and this makes windows give me random STOP errors by the name of 0x00000f4

How do I configure my sata hard drive to make it recognized as a master instead of a slave. The first time I built this system it was a master but now I have no idea what happened.

You have 2 raptors, are they setup in an array (raid) is your bios acknowledging the raid or not. Look at the mainboard manual and make sure your tapped in with your sata cables correctly. If your in raid use your factory raid manager to diagnose, Its on the asus cdrom. Let us have as much info as possible there are many members here that are very experienced with your motherboard and raid arrays if you are running raid? sorry coudn't be more help at this point?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 1 sata hard drive now, I forgot to update my profile in a while. It's a 160GB hard.

Anyway, I had this problem a month ago. Anyway I replaced the case and cooled my system better and for soem reason after some overclocking and rebuildign of my system the problem went away. Now the same problem is back again.

I got the drive to be detected master but the problem still happens. My drive is OEM. Should I get a new sata driver for my mobo. I remember trying to install the controller from my mobo disk a while ago but the interface said Windows XP Pro already has these files.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
What port are you plugged into?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sata Port 1 (there are 4). Do you want the port code or ID that bios assigns my sata ports (Sb33A/PD25D or something like that)?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a utility I can use to identify which system thread is failing?

I guess no one knows. Anybody know of another place where I may find the answer? Asus forums maybe or it this more of a software problem?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
wait right there mate....first off i need to ask u have a SATA or sata2? and you are talking about onboard sata ports right? btw, did u reinstall windows since then and more importantly did u unplug the drive before this problem started?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bios is set in sata2 mode (there is that and Ultra ATA). I have reinstalled windows at one point to try and fix this problem when it first appeared a long time ago.

About unplugging the drive, do you mean something such as unplugging the computer, dis-assembling and later assembling it again and booting up? If that then yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts