Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering which company does it the best. im looking for a card that i can put a good waterblock on and oc quite a bit probly going to be a 470. heard EVGA does but in the the case i want to oc quite a bit should i go for a regular EVGA card or go for a superclocked on cause maybe they are binned better?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I would go for a 480 if you can afford it. With proper water cooling it could overclock like a beast. I don't know if they have superclocked 480s, but if they do, that would be the weapon of choice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
the superclocked+ is actually a pretty good deal because they use a high flow bracket, and back plate which lower the temperatures like 10 degrees, and that with a TIM replacement i've seen people get 20 degree temperature drops from stock 480s

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by knoxy_14 View Post
i was wondering which company does it the best. im looking for a card that i can put a good waterblock on and oc quite a bit probly going to be a 470. heard EVGA does but in the the case i want to oc quite a bit should i go for a regular EVGA card or go for a superclocked on cause maybe they are binned better?
I don't believe any of the gpu manufacturers actually bin. Any of the cards can meet or exceed the overclocked cards' stock speeds, so there ya go. Opinions differ, but I've never seen any brand or model consistently overclock higher than the general population, so go for the best deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts