Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there , i was wondering is there anyway of flashing a bios which has been half instaleld then crashed.. Is it possible as i have an x850pro and i flashed it and it crashed halfway through, would i be able to install another 3d card and initlize it in pci mode so i can use that card then flash the other card.? anyhelp would be appreciated thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
You should be able to boot with either onboard video or a pci card and then reflash the bios.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool your a star , it dont have onboard so a pci card is the option, then , any idea on what paremters i should use on the flashrom tool? as i am stupid lol

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ant3b

ok cool your a star , it dont have onboard so a pci card is the option, then , any idea on what paremters i should use on the flashrom tool? as i am stupid lol

If you download ATIFlash from here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/187
Then add this to your floppy and rename the bios to "backup.bin" without the ".
Then open notepad and type in
@echo off
cls
atiflash -f -p 0 backup.bin
and save as autoexec.bat. Then add this to your floppy, reboot and this should flash the bios for you blind and automatically so you don't need a pci card.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there i have tried your method but it doesnt seem to work it acccess the floppy but then does nothing afterwards

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ant3b

Hi there i have tried your method but it doesnt seem to work it acccess the floppy but then does nothing afterwards

Is your first boot device the floppy drive? If so, try a PCI card so that you're not doing it blind. Just hope you haven't made a paperweight out of it

EDIT: Also, forgot to add that the floppy disk should be a bootable one. If it's not already, make this via "My Computer", then add your bios, ATIFlash and the Autoexec.bat file.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts