Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to update BIOS and something happened. I can´t start my PC anymore. I can´t get any further than the MEDION screen where it says press F8 to start boot menu. I cant get into boot menu and I cant get into the BIOS. If I press the delete key it only shows the American Trends startup screen of the BIOS not loading anything. I tried reseting with the CMOS jumper and the battery. I want to reset it. How do I do this? Here is a mediafire link to the BIOS update/reprogrammation of my motherboard. I could not give a direct link to the MEDION site but it is the original file only in a rar file. http://www.mediafire.com/?piui3lbt723kb15 . How do I put this on a DVD and reset my BIOS?

Medion Akoya P7316 D:

CPU: I7 870 2.93 GHZ
Motherboard: MSI MS-7616
Motherboard chipset: Intel Ibex Peak P55
RAM: 8183MB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM
BIOS Type: AMI A7616MLN.10H (05/18/10)
GPU: ATI Radeon 6870 HD 900MHZ 1024MB

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
I know you said that you jumpered it and pulled the battery. How long was the battery removed for?
Power down > Jump Cmos pin > Pull battery > Press and release power botton several times > Let system sit 5 minutes > Replace battery > Replace jumper pin > Power up tapping delete key > If this is successful set system defaults in bios and reboot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts