Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have just changed from a Nvidia gtx 580 to a gigabyte r9 290 with koolance waterblock. Post is starting then it is displaying scrambled images followed by black screen followed by windows login page. Everything seems to be working in windows except the gigabyte [email protected] bios utility is saying warning! no card found here! Card is displaying in device manager. I have uninstalled all the Nvidia drivers and software from the uninstall a program utility in control panel. It seems to me as if the bios is still trying to display to the gtx 580 maybe? I cannot get into setup as I only have the display port on the graphics card. MOBO is asus maximus extreme IV, CPU is i72600K. I have flashed most recent motherboard update. I have installed latest catalyst and driver. Is there something I am missing please?

·
Premium Member
20,309 Posts
i highly recommend that you uninstall the Gigabyte [email protected] utility.

You won't miss it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok but I had this issue befor I installed it. Sorry for double post. I don't know how to delete this.

·
Premium Member
20,309 Posts
it should be in add and remove programs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok well I have done all that and the bios issue is still not fixed up. Not sure what to do next. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
20,309 Posts
fresh windows install.
redface.gif

you are not using the 580 in the same rig, are you?

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Are you getting graphical artifacts and stuff like that? The way you made it sound is that your graphics card is bad. Take a screenshot and post it on here. A bad card can work fine on the desktop and when you go to do anything graphically demanding it will crap out. Also I wouldn't mess with updating your motherboard because that's probably not going to solve anything and it can introduce other problems.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

Are you getting graphical artifacts and stuff like that? The way you made it sound is that your graphics card is bad. Take a screenshot and post it on here. A bad card can work fine on the desktop and when you go to do anything graphically demanding it will crap out. Also I wouldn't mess with updating your motherboard because that's probably not going to solve anything and it can introduce other problems.
Card is running fine in 3D mark 11. I had one idea that my old plasma monitor is not displaying the digital signal of the post etc. properly until the graphics card drivers kick in. I am going to try it on analog but I have to wait to recieve my hdmi to vga digital to analog converter I ordered. Do you think this will work? Here is a pic of the PC loading. Starts running fine at windows login screen.
PC starting up. It displays different scrambled images other than this one. I think this one is my bios image trying to display.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is just over 12,000 in 3DMARK 11 a normal result for my specs with everything running at stock? GPU highest temp was 47 degrees but it is on waterblock. Would the card have to be working properly to get this result? Is there a better free benchmark utility to test this type of card. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
20,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza888 View Post

Is just over 12,000 in 3DMARK 11 a normal result for my specs with everything running at stock? GPU highest temp was 47 degrees but it is on waterblock. Would the card have to be working properly to get this result? Is there a better free benchmark utility to test this type of card. Thanks guys.
yes, that score seems right. check the graphics score. it should be around 14,000. you can use Heaven 4.0 and Valley 1.0. Those are free and are good way to test the gpu.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Benchmarking/

Follow the settings found in the bench threads of this section . . .

http://www.overclock.net/f/21/benchmarking-software-and-discussion

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has anyone else had this issue? It is still not displaying POST using hdmi to vga digital to analog cable. It does start displaying bios on analog but just have to keep pressing delete. Image is scrambled before that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts