Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aghhh,

My first BIOS flash has not went well, someone really does not like me.

I used winflash; yes I should have known better and done it from a DOS boot disk, too bloody late now! DFI recomended using winflash if i had no floppy, so i did :S

Anyway, winflash said all was good, rebooted and nothing, no post, no mobo beeps....

So, with nothing else to do I reset the CMOS jumpers, took the battery out for a minute then turned the power on with the jumpers in Reset postion. Got a succesion of beeps, about a second apart. I then powered off, put the jumper in normal pos and then rebooted. Same thing is happening now a succession of longish (slightly longer than normal post beeps)

Am i completly ****ed?!?

If so does this mean i need to order a new BIOS chip from DFI?

Thanks

<edit> Sorry, I used this bios http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downlo...FLAG=A&SITE=US

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so im in!

I panicked a lot and forgot to try with the bare minimus,

I cant boot with 2 sticks of RAM, either in Slots 1 and 2 (dual) or 1 and 3 (single)

Should i flash the old bios back (using a dos disk this time!) ?

Thanks

<edit> sorry, still panicking. I tried both DIMMs in all possible combos with the same results. The mobo beeping is the same as above

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I would suggest load optimized default first, then reflash with winflash its pretty easy to use. just make sure u put a check mark on everything except for that one part, when it tells u safely flashed and will need to reboot click no exit winflash and do a manual restart. make sure u mark CLEAR CMOS. NOT DEFAULT CMOS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so i reflashed with the new BIOS.

Same issue, should I relflash with the old one?

Quote:

just make sure u put a check mark on everything except for that one part

Which part?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ Did this with newer BIOS, same memory issues. Should i reflash with older one i backed up initially?

Thanks

<edit> I cant open my old BIOS in winflash, it says "Please load the correct BIOS file" :S

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Powering up with the jumper in clear mode can result in damaging the CMOS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.