Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get pretty good temps on my GTS 512, but the absolute highest my clocks can go stable is 770/1900/1067 and I want them faster! My card is a factory OC, are there any BIOS that I can flash it to so I can get higher clocks?

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
I don't think you'll find a factory OC/SC card with that high clocks to be honest, you'll need someone's modded BIOS, but you'll be better off editing the BIOS currently on the card (after you save the original), as at least you know the re-flash won't fudge your card by using your own.

Also, if your clocks are hitting that wall, you probably need more volts, I think the Voltage Regulators with your card allow software mods, you'll have to check.
EVGA Voltage Tuner +Patch might be able to up the voltages (dunno if the patches allow for anything pre-GT200 yet though), otherwise you should be able to up them in the drop-down menu in NiBiTor after making a copy of your BIOS.
Make a copy of it with GPU-Z and see if NiBiTor gives the option of more Volts in your current BIOS, if it does, you can do it that way.

You'll only wanna up the volts a fraction of course, and for long-term stability, you might wanna look into getting a nice MOSFET cooler just to be safe.

Get a second opinion before you set anything in stone though, but view your options in the meantime

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I flashed it to 1.35 volts (I think 1.3 is stock for this card) and couldn't even get 5MHz higher

I don't know what the safe limit for a 65nm G92 is either

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
Here's a thread I found with a buncha peeps showing their OC'd 8800GTS', so you got idea's of what others reached:- http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/3371...-round-up.html

Could be your shaders causing the hold-back (though that's still a very respectable clock), 'cos they can get funny over like 65c-70ish, also you recently upgraded your drivers over your old ones, when was the last time you ran DriverSweeper/Cleaner? If it's been a few, you might wanna remove them properly, 'cos despite people saying "it's fine", more than once can cause residual effects on overclocking performance, I've found.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran ccleaner right before reinstalling the drivers, and under max load (folding) I am at 64c

1 - 5 of 5 Posts