Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very strange, I was redoing my OC from scratch, and noticed that after I save and exit the BIOS, the comp would not post and resets with stock values. I can change any value and it will boot into windows, except for when i try to change the FSB. Just to test, I upped it by 1mhz, and the same thing would happen. I tried this with voltages on auto, and manual as well.

Any ideas? I updated the BIOS already as well.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Try clearing the CMOS? I don't really see what would be causing the instability...you could also try running memtest to make sure it isn't faulty memory.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
New battery.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

New battery.

But then all of his other settings would revert to default as well, no?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by airplaneman
View Post

But then all of his other settings would revert to default as well, no?

Agree, doesn't sound like battery.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. The cmos jumper is in a difficult spot.. I will try it by removing the battery and replacing it. I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery for a couple of minutes, and still the same thing. This is is very aggravating ! lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually switched to an older BIOS, F14 to F6, as many said it was tried and true. I was able to raise the FSB, the computer booted fine, then I tried to take it a step higher, and it seems like the same thing is happening.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right, well looks like I fixed it. I just had to turn off "USB legacy", and looks like its keeping the OC!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts