Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a asus P5LD2 Deluxe motherboard.im running a P4 550 3.4ghz prescot cpu, with arctic silver 5 and a thermaltake blue orb 2, and yes i applied a small amout and the cpu cooler is on tight. my idle temp is 50c and load temp is 72c!!!!

im just wondering before i buy a thermaltake big typhoon to lower the temps, is it possable doing a bios update it might give more accuracte or lower temps?

what bios version should i get? and what way should i install the bios?:

asus afudos: updates the bios in dos mode on a bootable floppy disk
asus crash free bios 2: updates the bios using a bootable floppy disk when the bios fails or gets corrupted.
asus ez flash: updates the bios in dos mode useing floppy disk.
asus update: updates the bios in windows evironment.

If you have a P5LD2 Deluxe, can you tell me what bios you are useing, cpu you have, type of cooling and temps and how you would update the bios.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You can always load in your old BIOS is you make a back-up with their DOS utility.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
You might wish to sell your processor and move to the Cedar Mill 631. Your temps will drop and your overclock will raise. I bet those Samsungs will make 711MHz also.

With such a processor you will very likely make the 1066mhz fsb (266 X 4) that your board supports and hit 4.0GHz or higher. I run 43 idle and 61 full prime95 (Dual) load with 1.34v.

R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts