Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a BioStar TForce4 SLI MOBO?

I'm thinking about getting it, as it is fairly well rated on Newegg and looks awesome, but I want to know if anyone's had any major issues etc with the board.

I don't quite have the $ for an SLI x16, nor for an ASUS or DFI SLI

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well...

1) pci-e 16x2 SLI does nothing for performance, as games cannot utilize x16 when doing sli. And probably wont be able to for a while, so dont worry about not having it.

And why do you want an sli board anways? Why not just sell your 7800 and upgrade to a 1900xt? It would be cheaper in the long run and have better performance most of the time. Or wait for the 7900 line, THEN sell your 7800.

If you want a good OC'ing mobo, then that tforce will probably be good. I have the micro tforce and its a monster for overclocking. So thumbs up for tforce boards.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one major reason for the ATI 1900X-- I don't have 500 bucks

I would definately like a good OC MoBo

would it be better just to get a "normal" MoBo, etc?

I would like to get my 3d capabilities waaaaaay up (I do a bit of 3ds Max and AutoDesk Inventor). Would Crossfire or SLI be better for that?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyr0m1 View Post
Does anyone have a BioStar TForce4 SLI MOBO?

I'm thinking about getting it, as it is fairly well rated on Newegg and looks awesome, but I want to know if anyone's had any major issues etc with the board.

I don't quite have the $ for an SLI x16, nor for an ASUS or DFI SLI

Any advice?
I BUILD A FEW COMPUTERS FOR PEOPLE AND IVE BUILT 4 WITH THIS MOTHERBOARD,THEY HAVE BEEN RUNNING FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW WITH NO TROUBLE.2 OF THEM IAM RUNNING FOXCONN 7600GS VIDEO CARDS IN SLI MODE AND THEY RUN ANY GAME IVE PUT TO THEM. THE OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE IS THE ONLY THING IVE HAD TROUBLE WITH IT CRASHED, BUT IF YOU RESTART AND GO TO ADD AND REMOVE YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT WINDOWS WILL RECOVER. I WOULD USE SOME OTHER OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE IF YOU ARE IN TO THAT.I RUN THE BOARD MYSELF ALONG WITH AMD 64 4000+,2GB RAM,2 HARD DRIVES SATA,IN RAID 0+1, 2 FOXCONN 7600GS CARDS,AND A 780WATT POWER SUPPLY,SOUNDBLASTER AUGY2 ZS,AND IAM VERY HAPPY WITH IT.FOR THE PRICE AND ALL THE GOODING THAT COME WITH THE BOARD ITS A BUY. HOPE THIS HELPED

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aquatech View Post
I BUILD A FEW COMPUTERS FOR PEOPLE AND IVE BUILT 4 WITH THIS MOTHERBOARD,THEY HAVE BEEN RUNNING FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW WITH NO TROUBLE.2 OF THEM IAM RUNNING FOXCONN 7600GS VIDEO CARDS IN SLI MODE AND THEY RUN ANY GAME IVE PUT TO THEM. THE OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE IS THE ONLY THING IVE HAD TROUBLE WITH IT CRASHED, BUT IF YOU RESTART AND GO TO ADD AND REMOVE YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT WINDOWS WILL RECOVER. I WOULD USE SOME OTHER OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE IF YOU ARE IN TO THAT.I RUN THE BOARD MYSELF ALONG WITH AMD 64 4000+,2GB RAM,2 HARD DRIVES SATA,IN RAID 0+1, 2 FOXCONN 7600GS CARDS,AND A 780WATT POWER SUPPLY,SOUNDBLASTER AUGY2 ZS,AND IAM VERY HAPPY WITH IT.FOR THE PRICE AND ALL THE GOODING THAT COME WITH THE BOARD ITS A BUY. HOPE THIS HELPED
Holy god, could you format that post just slightly?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
haha! Hey, Looks like you have a socket 939 system...I'd recommend getting the DFI SLI-DR! You can get them from $80 to about $130 new....just check the for sale section or you can join www.diy-street.com fromally known as dfi-street! There is tons of them selling on that forum for pretty cheap! DFI is def worth the extra bucks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts