Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which board is better?

I like the sound of Gigabyte better than biostar and some plp sed the Biostar has cut down on features that only lets you get higher FSB. So which one is better??

Thanks guys

+REP

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *_* View Post
Which board is better?

I like the sound of Gigabyte better than biostar and some plp sed the Biostar has cut down on features that only lets you get higher FSB. So which one is better??

Thanks guys

+REP
I cant comment on the biostar, but the Gigabyte UD3P is proving to be a stellar board. Well I wont reinvent the wheel:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddanko12 View Post
it's ok...
I would get a better one though like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128358
Overclocks real well. Heres a review:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...rd-review.html

But If you don't want to spend the extra $$ get that one.

this ones cheaper than the Gigabyte, yet way better than that intel:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131299
^also has a -$30 deal on e8400 but you wont get the Far Cry

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can u define: stellar. Thanks!

and +REP

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *_*
View Post

can u define: stellar. Thanks!

and +REP

It is pushing 600+ FSB with dual cores and 490 - 500 FSB with quad cores. It is currently outpacing the ASUS P5Q series in OCing.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Both are great. The Biostar is proven excellent overclocker while the UD3P from reviews are amazing. I used my friend's vanilla UD3 and hit 548 FSB in a matter of minutes with an E8500 so I see no reason why it couldn't hit 600+.

• Rep+
Reactions: *_*

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks NRGX
+REP

more comments are always good

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
I can say I just threw a UD3P in my bros comp, on an E5200, got 53x FSB easy (I think it was 534, but I'm not sure. Didn't want to go higher though cause it was starting to get warm)

Gigabyte has always made excellent OCers, and this one is a dream, and very simple.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahhh ok thanks tator.

anyone had the gigabyte with a E8400 E0?

·
Registered
899 Posts
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=448414
here is something this is within the first 15mins of having the board up and running and more to come. i have the ram timmings loose for experimental purposes still.

i also have a E8500 E0.. so we'll see what that baby can do too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have read that there is quite a big vdrop on this Biostar, but maybe it was only the tested piece. Also the integrated sound codec quality is not that good. What do you think? Nevertheless gigabyte had a problem with S3 power state (hibernation or sleep), but I am not sure if it is still true.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
The biostar is a fantastic board, it's the best board for high fsb out there. However, I would get the gigabyte for your everyday machine, it will do some fantastic fsb's and gigabyte's are great boards. I think you will be happier with the gigabyte.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i am also just building my frist PC for gaming.. mostly world of warcraft i found the biostar for 85$ should i just go with that to save the money i am looking to try to do this cheap. but also i want to start understanding and playing with OC alot more.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
if ur looking to break some fsb records, get the i45; otherwise, for everyday use, the gigabyte is better. t here should be no reason the gigabyte cant hit over 400fsb

·
Registered
426 Posts
After having to RMA my biostar tpower I45 3 times, I don't think I will ever buy another product from Biostar again. By the way, the third one doesn't work either. I got my hands on an ASUS board and everything worked fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts