Overclock.net banner

Bitcoin

9875 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  mooney4321
Is it still worth mining?
I have 3700x + rx5700xt
Still worth it ? V's electricity usage etc...
Sorry I'm new to this just looking into it and reading up 馃憣馃憤
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
If you are converting to btc and HODLing it might be worth it or if you expect eth to go up but if you are looking for instant cash not so much.
I have a bunch of old GPUs mining and they kinda break even but I have to pay the electric so it's a bit like banking.
I mine my gaming PCs when they're not in use also so they pay their way :)
Just bought my RTX 3080 with btc :p

• Rep+
Reactions: THEROTHERHAMKID

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are converting to btc and HODLing it might be worth it or if you expect eth to go up but if you are looking for instant cash not so much.
I have a bunch of old GPUs mining and they kinda break even but I have to pay the electric so it's a bit like banking.
I mine my gaming PCs when they're not in use also so they pay their way :)
Just bought my RTX 3080 with btc :p
I've not got a clue about mining really and the different types of coin
I'm just trying to get into it
Seems complicated 馃槙 馃槄

Registered
Nicehash pays out bitcoin and is pretty simple to use with your gaming machine when it's idle.
Depends how much you want to get into it really.
Keep your earnings in a paper wallet off their server for security reasons or a hardware wallet if you get more.
It's a big subject really :)

• Rep+
Reactions: THEROTHERHAMKID

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nicehash pays out bitcoin and is pretty simple to use with your gaming machine when it's idle.
Depends how much you want to get into it really.
Keep your earnings in a paper wallet off their server for security reasons or a hardware wallet if you get more.
It's a big subject really :)
Thanks for that im trying nicehash
How do I get a wallet ?
Can I just withdraw to the nicehash wallet?

Registered
Thanks for that im trying nicehash
How do I get a wallet ?
Can I just withdraw to the nicehash wallet?
Nicehash wallet is fine for smaller amounts but they have been hacked before and there were some complaints about everyone not getting the earnings back.
I assume they fixed that and paid it all back :)
Just do some research to see what suits you best.
A BTC paper wallet is fine for long term storage initially or just leave it in Nicehash while you do some research.
I don't leave large amounts on trading platforms as they can control your wallet potentially.
There are wallets for the mobile and wallets for windows etc

Science
I would highly recommend looking through some articles on Google about mining and how to securely store your crypto. Bitcoin mining has very slim margins if you are looking for an immediate return.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies and help
I have a rx5700xt and keep getting alerts to use compute mode whilst mining although there is no option to use compute mode anymore it seems in the options ?

Premium Member
might need to look in one of the sub forums for the guys that still mine for bitcoin. This is for the Boinc team, though we might have guys that have mined in the past we might not me the best source for current mining related issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.