Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
I have both (on different systems), both are great and will do what you want. Major differences:

- Kaspersky is heavier and slightly more "annoying", it will alert you of stuff (that doesn't really need alerts) and on my machine produced more false positives than Bitdefender.

- Bitdefender's interface is a little annoying (personal taste), but it is effective.

- Bitdefender has a really nice "auto pilot" feature, I used it for a week and completely forgot I had a anti virus, everything was done in the background but stored on to a live log that you can access anytime to review.

But honestly both are really good and I would just bring it down to cost, which ever you can get for cheaper, go with that.

P.S It's Kaspersky not Kapersky
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post

I have both (on different systems), both are great and will do what you want. Major differences:
- Kaspersky is heavier and slightly more "annoying", it will alert you of stuff (that doesn't really need alerts) and on my machine produced more false positives than Bitdefender.
- Bitdefender's interface is a little annoying (personal taste), but it is effective.
- Bitdefender has a really nice "auto pilot" feature, I used it for a week and completely forgot I had a anti virus, everything was done in the background but stored on to a live log that you can access anytime to review.
But honestly both are really good and I would just bring it down to cost, which ever you can get for cheaper, go with that.
P.S It's Kaspersky not Kapersky
tongue.gif
pretty much this.

i got a free 1 year licence with my bank with Kaspersky... and it can be a pin in the ass to sort out with games torrents etc.....

bitdefender was nice. easy to sort out,. and no hassles there as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post

I have both (on different systems), both are great and will do what you want. Major differences:
- Kaspersky is heavier and slightly more "annoying", it will alert you of stuff (that doesn't really need alerts) and on my machine produced more false positives than Bitdefender.
- Bitdefender's interface is a little annoying (personal taste), but it is effective.
- Bitdefender has a really nice "auto pilot" feature, I used it for a week and completely forgot I had a anti virus, everything was done in the background but stored on to a live log that you can access anytime to review.
But honestly both are really good and I would just bring it down to cost, which ever you can get for cheaper, go with that.
P.S It's Kaspersky not Kapersky
tongue.gif
Thanks, I guess I'm going for Bitdefender. I didn't realize I didn't put in the "s".
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by levontraut View Post

pretty much this.
i got a free 1 year licence with my bank with Kaspersky... and it can be a pin in the ass to sort out with games torrents etc.....
bitdefender was nice. easy to sort out,. and no hassles there as well.
Yea I have ESET right now, and I couldn't download anything from Steam for around a month because it kept thinking it was a virus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
One cool feature of Bitdefender is that it has "game mode", if you turn that on, it should help you avoid problems with Steam, installing patches, multiplayer etc.
thumb.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post

One cool feature of Bitdefender is that it has "game mode", if you turn that on, it should help you avoid problems with Steam, installing patches, multiplayer etc.
thumb.gif
I'll try that in a few hours when I have it all installed.
smile.gif
ESET takes a toll on my PC after I run a scan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,315 Posts
I love my kaspersky, but I've been suffering with 2012. I get seemingly random BSODs, that when debugged point to kaspersky as the cause. Keep that in mind should you choose to take that route.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top