Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually put on the back panel without any problems?

I can't seem to close the back panel because Bitfenix for some reason couldn't offer like 5mm extra space in the back for people that want to wire cables around the back.

I mean, what's the point of having a window case if we're forced to has all these PSU cables up front rather then neatly in the back?

Frustrated.

P.S. Scratched my monitor in the process since it fell off and landed on my monitor.

P.S.S. Just removed part of the protective plastic, and found out there are scratches on the inside of the window panel. I think I'm just going to exchange the case for something else. This was a really poorly designed case. I remember the guys at Hardware Canucks couldn't close the back panel fully, but I didn't think the cable management space was literally nothing.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Hey bernieyee!

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with the Pandora. It being a slim case and all, there's definitely a few things that have to be done differently
smile.gif
I actually had a chance to review the Pandora right when it was released, and noticed the same thing. I think what throws everyone off at first are the cable ties down the normal cable channel, when it's really the offset panel that should be used to route most of the cables (I'll see if I can snap a photo quick or something
smile.gif
)

I wasn't in on all the feedback we received so far, but I'm betting the side panels are one of the more common things users have run into. It isn't too hard to mitigate though - even PSUs without the flat cables (although these make it easier) are usable in the Pandora, including if you want to route all of the cables along the back of the motherboard tray (even though that pesky 8-pin EPS cable could cause some problems
frown.gif
)

Try routing them alongside the 2.5" drive mount on the back, and see if that helps at all! Let me know how it goes
thumb.gif

EDIT: here's a pic that has a pretty good shot of what I mean:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitfenixUSA View Post

Hey bernieyee!

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with the Pandora. It being a slim case and all, there's definitely a few things that have to be done differently
smile.gif
I actually had a chance to review the Pandora right when it was released, and noticed the same thing. I think what throws everyone off at first are the cable ties down the normal cable channel, when it's really the offset panel that should be used to route most of the cables (I'll see if I can snap a photo quick or something
smile.gif
)

I wasn't in on all the feedback we received so far, but I'm betting the side panels are one of the more common things users have run into. It isn't too hard to mitigate though - even PSUs without the flat cables (although these make it easier) are usable in the Pandora, including if you want to route all of the cables along the back of the motherboard tray (even though that pesky 8-pin EPS cable could cause some problems
frown.gif
)

Try routing them alongside the 2.5" drive mount on the back, and see if that helps at all! Let me know how it goes
thumb.gif

EDIT: here's a pic that has a pretty good shot of what I mean:
You mean like this, right?

I guess me and the guy at Hardware Canucks both wired the systems wrong.

I wish it could've been possible to wire the CPU 8pin through the back. From my perspective, the hole at the top left of the motherboard panel looks like it was made to accommodate that purpose. But the panel won't close I guess if I do it that way.

Also, yes, I've been using all the zip cut-outs to wire the cabling like other cases, so once again it appears I've done a no-no.

I will give it another go tomorrow. Then if it all works out, I will exchange the case since the window has scratches on the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts