Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some routine maintenance and memory upgrade so I went to go drain my loop. Went to go turn the handle and the plastic handle just spun right off and broke with basicly zero force or effort. I would have expected better than this for the price these cost ? Metal handle would also have zero chance of breaking. Any place to get new handles or even aluminum ones?

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Ora...D-496E-A317-E1BBF851A9FA_zpsjbqrmbb0.jpg.html

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post

I wonder how hard it would be to take the metal handle off of a barrow and put it on a bitspower.
Not familiar with the Barrow handle - Someone would have to check its size etc and compare. The Bitspower handle comes off very easily once you pop out the centre plastic plug that covers the hex screw.

If you look at my Bitspower handle repair post/thread above (where I repaired one of mine using a plastic servo horn) - you can actually buy servo horns made from aluminium - They come in all sorts of colours and a number of styles.

You could easily adapt these to become a pseudo handle such as noted in my 'repair' thread.

Below is just one example:

·
Gamer
486 Posts
Hate to dig-up an old thread but it's 2019 and this is STILL an issue... You'd think they would have addressed this by now?

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
WOW! I thought Bp's stuff was sup to be the dogs, obviously not all of it :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've used the same 4x BP mini vales for the past 8-9 years and I have never broke one. I know there is slight resistance to the remaining 1-2mm before the valve is totally close, the inner closing ball and plastic inner housing making tight to ensure total lack and seal of the valve.

People hitting that part thinking OK.. its closed and experiencing slight leak, so then, they discovering that there is still the 1-2mm left that they need to turn the handle, so they go and cranking it really tight and here we go..crack it.

There should be is no excuse for how the broken handle happen. I know some people are really rough with their stuff, still.. I think BP could do an update on that valve and use metal handle, especially, because they're using such tight tolerance and that's why you rarely see BP product leak, especially when comes to fittings :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts