Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my black via steam by 3 months, and it always had lag, wtih my gts 250 or even with my gtx 570. Im getting tired of this, i cant play the game, my fps runs around 20-30. I have read many lag fixes but no one works, could someone tell me something?
plz!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker123;11985420
try lowering the graphic settings
He has a GTX 570.
Should handle Black Ops graphically just fine.
Is it a PC port?

Mind you.. Microsoft did pay to make the 360 version the best performing out of the ps3, 360 and pc.. Has something do do with it or is it just a crappy port?

·
Registered
500 Posts
yes black ops is full of crap same prob here 17-35fps i get on high

they need a patch for the game or w8 a longer time and fix it b4 they relice it but no they are money hungry that just cant w8

also its is a well known prob

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
LOL Black ops is not full of crap
I had a consistent 95 fps throughout the campaign with max settings
my only complaint was that it didn't really use my sli setup
it would just use card 1 at 50-80% and card 2 at 10%
so 95 fps before vsync which brings it to 60. can't complain with 2 year old technology
Also played a bit with a gts 450 that i was testing and that also maxed it out at about 60 fps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, when i run everything on slow it lags too --'. Well, i know its a game problem, and i'll be waiting for the patch, thanks a lot :). Did anyone knows when it'll be released?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyTheGamer
View Post

He has a GTX 570.
Should handle Black Ops graphically just fine.
Is it a PC port?

Mind you.. Microsoft did pay to make the 360 version the best performing out of the ps3, 360 and pc.. Has something do do with it or is it just a crappy port?

Yes it's a Console port, all Call of Duty games other than Call of Duty 4 are console ports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdemon
View Post

yes black ops is full of crap same prob here 17-35fps i get on high

they need a patch for the game or w8 a longer time and fix it b4 they relice it but no they are money hungry that just cant w8

also its is a well known prob

You seriously need to work on your grammar.

But yes, the lag is due to the poor optimisation of the port. It is a well known problem and Treyarch are working on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK-47
View Post

LOL Black ops is not full of crap
I had a consistent 95 fps throughout the campaign with max settings
my only complaint was that it didn't really use my sli setup
it would just use card 1 at 50-80% and card 2 at 10%
so 95 fps before vsync which brings it to 60. can't complain with 2 year old technology
Also played a bit with a gts 450 that i was testing and that also maxed it out at about 60 fps

Campaign is different. It's the only part of the game that actually works as intended. As soon as you take it online the difference is evident. Stop waving your e-peen around and be truthful.

Until then, just wait for the patch, you can check out the Steam forum for possible unofficial fixes (configs, etc) for now, you can stew in your wasted money. The game isn't that great anyway.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Although there was lag, it more or less disappeared last patch. However, that was when I was running a 9800GTX+ and even then it was not at my native resolution. I'm not sure what the problem with it is really, but I guess all we can do is wait. I'm still playing CoD4 anyway. Black Ops jsut doesn't appeal to me as much.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would try geforce drivers 266. They fixed up my lag nicely; I get 60 fps standard in multiplayer and zombies. I get around 50 fps in campaign on average.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflux
View Post

Yes it's a Console port, all Call of Duty games other than Call of Duty 4 are console ports.

What do you mean with port? What can i do ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by serp777
View Post

I would try geforce drivers 266. They fixed up my lag nicely; I get 60 fps standard in multiplayer and zombies. I get around 50 fps in campaign on average.

Nope, 266 drivers doesnt work weel for me, when i was playing "bad company 2" the game crashes all the time ): (i think its because is BETA)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Well now i know its not just me! I experience lag and get disconnected often. i get messages like (lost connection to host) The sound is choppy,and the servers i was playing on crashed three times today! Some days i am running around killing everything in sight, then the next day i get killed before i even see them !! ha ha i do believe this game needs some fine tuning!!! Steam sucks!!! I dont get this with any other game i play including Cod _4 ......bf2.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedNuggeT
View Post

r_multithreaded_device 1
r_multiGPU 0

FIXED

No, not fixed, i have already tryed this )':

·
Banned
5 Posts
After playing the game for an hour, I was ready to return to MW2. The sound is disappointing, the graphics are bubble adhesive and maps are too large for effective communication and team play.The zombies seem to be good, if not better than the original which is nice. I have not played a single player but yet, even if it's good, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
delete your mp config file and start multiplayer up. Change the resolution to whatever you like and leave all the other settings and go play a game - the lag/stutter should be gone.

From what I can work out, the lag/stutter has something to do with conflicting settings - I have no idea which ones, just that I know it occurrs with specific combinations of ingame settings and/or adding your own settings into the config file.

If you make edits to the config file, just make one at a time and test you don;t introduce the lag/stutter to be safe.

As for the sound stutter, I have no fix for this expect to open the console at the start of each round and type:
/snd_restart

Once it restarts it'll be all good until the next round. I believe the sound problem is being addressed in the next patch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like Reflux said Treyarch is working on fixes, the problem is, there are tons off different issues for them to deal with, many many people are having lag/crashes that cannot be fixed at the moment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi. core2duo 2.33, 4gb ram, 570gtx golden sample and sys win7 here. just installed BO and have same problem, even worse like it was on xp/2gbram/8800gts before. its around 25-35fps and its huge lag while shooting to other player. its realy annoying and cant figute it out. 3dmark vantage is 19000points. for try i installed AvP and maxed all on dx11 and its about 60-80fps. any1 knows whats the reason ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts