Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI IM NOT A NOOB....IVE TRIED TO REINSTALL DRIVERS IN SAFE MODE AND ALSO DRIVER CLEANER IN SAFE MODE. UNINSTALLED ALL ATI RELATED DRIVERS AND NVIDIA TOO...EVERYTHING GOES GOOD AFTER IT STARTS UP AND PLAYS MUSIC JUST BLACK SCREENS...MY KEYBOARD HAS POWER SLEEP AND WAKE UP BUTTON AND I JUST DECIDED TO TRY EM AND AFTER IT BOOTS I PUSH SLEEP GOES INTO SLEEP PUSH WAKE UP AND AUTOMAGICLY IT COMES ON.......READ SOMEWHERE THAT COULD BE DRIVERS OR PSU....BUT I HAD THIS PSU IN MY GAMING RIG 400W AND DIDNT HAVE PROBLEMS.....IM RUNNING XP HOME USING A GIGABYTE BOARD THAT HAS ONBOARD GRAPHICS....I MADE SHURE THAT THERE WERE NO DRIVERS FOR NVIDIA LEFT ON IT....OH AND THE CARD IS A POWERCOLOR 4650 1GIG AT FIRST I TRIED OCIN IT AND WORKED BUT THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE...AFTER I REBOOTED....I THINK IM JUST GOING TO DO CLEAN INSTALL...I JUST PUT A MSI 4830 512 IN MY OTHER RIG AND IM SLOWLY WORKING OUT THE KINKS BUT HAD TO DO A FRESH INSTALL ON IT THO...ANYWAYS IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM OR THIS CARD AND CAN TELL ME WHAT VERSION DISPLAY DRIVERS AND CCC IT WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED....ANY IDEAS IF IM GONNA KEEP FROM SPENDING MY WEEKEND DOING THIS AGAIN.....THANKS....:swearing:

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
have you backed up your files onto your second drive and tried a completely fresh install of xp home? While it may be an annoyance to do, I know what it's like being stuck in driver limbo.

As much as it sucks, at this point... I'd do a fresh install.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial_Artisian
View Post

FYI IM NOT A NOOB....IVE TRIED TO REINSTALL DRIVERS IN SAFE MODE AND ALSO DRIVER CLEANER IN SAFE MODE. UNINSTALLED ALL ATI RELATED DRIVERS AND NVIDIA TOO...EVERYTHING GOES GOOD AFTER IT STARTS UP AND PLAYS MUSIC JUST BLACK SCREENS...MY KEYBOARD HAS POWER SLEEP AND WAKE UP BUTTON AND I JUST DECIDED TO TRY EM AND AFTER IT BOOTS I PUSH SLEEP GOES INTO SLEEP PUSH WAKE UP AND AUTOMAGICLY IT COMES ON.......READ SOMEWHERE THAT COULD BE DRIVERS OR PSU....BUT I HAD THIS PSU IN MY GAMING RIG 400W AND DIDNT HAVE PROBLEMS.....IM RUNNING XP HOME USING A GIGABYTE BOARD THAT HAS ONBOARD GRAPHICS....I MADE SHURE THAT THERE WERE NO DRIVERS FOR NVIDIA LEFT ON IT....OH AND THE CARD IS A POWERCOLOR 4650 1GIG AT FIRST I TRIED OCIN IT AND WORKED BUT THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE...AFTER I REBOOTED....I THINK IM JUST GOING TO DO CLEAN INSTALL...I JUST PUT A MSI 4830 512 IN MY OTHER RIG AND IM SLOWLY WORKING OUT THE KINKS BUT HAD TO DO A FRESH INSTALL ON IT THO...ANYWAYS IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM OR THIS CARD AND CAN TELL ME WHAT VERSION DISPLAY DRIVERS AND CCC IT WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED....ANY IDEAS IF IM GONNA KEEP FROM SPENDING MY WEEKEND DOING THIS AGAIN.....THANKS....:swearing:

Automagicly....lol

Sorry, I can't think when you're yelling at me!

I think I need to sig that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial_Artisian
View Post

lol its funny what lame responses people that have nothing to do but blog or instant message or myspace or facebook....i typed in all caps so that just mabe somone would see it....someone that has an iq larger than my old hp desktop pc that used like 8kb ram, someone who might have a little more knowledge than that hp that only had a 2gb hard drive...btw it still worked before i got mad and just tossed it.....but thank you for my wasted time...

It's actually part of the TOS of the site to use proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Or did you have a problem reading that because it wasn't in CAPS?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol its funny what lame responses people that have nothing to do but blog or instant message or myspace or facebook....i typed in all caps so that just mabe somone would see it....someone that has an iq larger than my old hp desktop pc that used like 8kb ram, someone who might have a little more knowledge than that hp that only had a 2gb hard drive...btw it still worked before i got mad and just tossed it.....but thank you for my wasted time...

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Wait... You posted in all caps... To see what we would say? Good job? And I doubt most the people here blog, instant message, myspace, or facebook. They probably overclock and game all day.

And 8kb of RAM? Really?

I am beginning to think that, yes, you ARE a noob, despite what you said in the OP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega
View Post

What do you mean all hell broke loose after you rebooted? Were you monitoring temps?

yes i was running cpu id and hwmonitor....but the strange thing is my card didnt show up in hwmonitor but was also running gpuz and could see everything in that....

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
The reason you're getting a little criticism about your grammar and use of caps is because we like to keep things nice and readable around here. It helps us help you.

I understand you're frustrated and all that because well, sometimes these problems are just irritating but take it easy on us and format your posts a little better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by CorporalAris
View Post

Wait... You posted in all caps... To see what we would say? Good job? And I doubt most the people here blog, instant message, myspace, or facebook. They probably overclock and game all day.

And 8kb of RAM? Really?

I am beginning to think that, yes, you ARE a noob, despite what you said in the OP.

no not to see what anyone would say but someone who may have had this problem or card.....oh and check my title it says in training...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
he was just posting for no reason...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4055
View Post

he was just posting for no reason...

I did ask if anyone has had this problem and or card, and what they did to fix it....i tried all week for an hour each day to research how i could fix it but couldnt get this pc the one thats black screening to show my desktop...but by really dumb luck i figured out that putting it into sleep and waking up would temporarly fix the problem....anyways... except for the few that tried to post viable questions....it might be a day or so before someone realy knows what is going on..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts