Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i take a screenshot using the print screen button then try to put it in anything paint word w/e it turns up black COMPLETELY black.

I am about to destroy everything in my house and go on a baby punching spree.

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Oh yeah and my 4890 is in the process of being rma'd im using a 9600gt with the newest drivers that came out today. 197.13

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saajenks View Post
When i take a screenshot using the print screen button then try to put it in anything paint word w/e it turns up black COMPLETELY black.

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Oh yeah and my 4890 is in the process of being rma'd im using a 9600gt with the newest drivers that came out today. 197.13
Maybe you should consider therapy.

·
Intel Extreme 1366
1,665 Posts
I don't think it's possible to take fullscreen screenshots with the *Print Screen* button on the keyboard if I remember correctly (unless you already tried it before and it worked). From my experience, I always thought it wasn't possible unless you're using a third party software (FRAPS for example). It's a different story when playing games in *Window Mode* though.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
I have never been able to take screenshots of my games in full-screen mode. No, never. I think it's just the way it is. But then I've never asked how to get a screenshot of my games either. But I imagine that there's special third-party software for it.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Happens to me sometimes, 99% of the time it works in most games but sometimes I will get a random black image. There is one game it happens 100% in though, BF BC2. :l

Why don't you just use xfire or something for taking screens? unless you tried already..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried, im just frustrated this isn't working anymore as i've done it so much in the past. The only things i have changed were drivers.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saajenks View Post
I haven't tried, im just frustrated this isn't working anymore as i've done it so much in the past. The only things i have changed were drivers.
Oh. So then go back to the driver that you were using when you were able to do it.

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10acjed View Post
I use evga precision and set up the screenshot hotkey...

Works perfectly fine...
Yeah its great!

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Don't most games nowadays have their own key for a screenshot? For the ones that don't have a key specifically for taking a screenshot, Fraps or Precision works for me.

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saajenks
View Post

Can I join you? I only wanna bite people's faces though.

I had this problem for a while, one minute I was screenying people calling me a hacker and crying when I pwned them in BF2142, then it just kept showing as a black screen. Was gonna start using my FRAPs or XFire screenying thing (at least it saves it for you), but it sorted somehow 0_o

Never found out how...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts