Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man;11995940
Sub'd. Absolutely love the pump/res combo you have there.
biggrin.gif
Which pump/res? The xspc x2o 750 combo in there now, or the mcp655/xspc res going in there when I get home from vacation?
tongue.gif
 

·
Is he still around?!
Joined
·
11,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulkPull;11996129
Which pump/res? The xspc x2o 750 combo in there now, or the mcp655/xspc res going in there when I get home from vacation?
tongue.gif
Haha, sorry, the 655 one. Looks hawt.
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,173 Posts
Pretty sick build you got there!
I am currently reworking on my watercooling in my build, which is quite similar to yours.

Since I don't currently have a second 6870, I think I should be fine running on 1x 120 rad + 1x 360 rad.

You used the 48x0/58x0 series adapters?
As for tubing, you used 3/4" OD?

+rep
smile.gif
(but fix that rad...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnur;12010367
Pretty sick build you got there!
I am currently reworking on my watercooling in my build, which is quite similar to yours.

Since I don't currently have a second 6870, I think I should be fine running on 1x 120 rad + 1x 360 rad.

You used the 48x0/58x0 series adapters?
As for tubing, you used 3/4" OD?

+rep
smile.gif
(but fix that rad...)
I used 2 of these links. If you scroll down it shows them compatable with the 6870. And, yes that is 3/4" O/D tubing in the pics. However, I really don't like the way the tubing fits on the barbs (kinda loose) so I have some 7/16" I/D tubing ready to install when I get off vacation. Kinda reminds me of how much stuff I have to do when I get back from vacation.

Just ordered the stuff in the pic below to get rid of the cheap plastic swiftech radbox and to replace all my fan/rad hardware with nice black screws.

radfix.png
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Another thing to add to my after vacation To Do list -

I plan on adding one 2 position barrier strip and one 4 position barrier strip to the back of my case.

The two position barrier (drawn on the right of my pic below) will have 1 molex power supply coming from my PSU. It will be used to connect all 12 of radiator fans. Each is rated (according to the fan specs on the box) for a start up amperage of .21 and a running amperage of .04. If those stated fan specs are correct, at statup I should be well below the 15 amps the barrier is rated at and that is the max that should be drawn through it.

The 4 position barrier will be used for a dual purpose. The top two connectors will be fed from my fan controllers 12v supply. It will have 2 200mm case intake fans and the rear 120mm exhaust fan connected to it. The bottom 2 connectors will be fed from my controllers 5v supply. It will have the 2 200mm fan's leds and the pump/reservoir's leds connected to it.

I hope the image below is not too crude and will display my intent correctly.

terminalblockproposal.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulkPull;12018629
I used 2 of these links. If you scroll down it shows them compatable with the 6870. And, yes that is 3/4" O/D tubing in the pics. However, I really don't like the way the tubing fits on the barbs (kinda loose) so I have some 7/16" I/D tubing ready to install when I get off vacation. Kinda reminds me of how much stuff I have to do when I get back from vacation.
Thanks for the info!
I can't get a hold of 7/16" ID, but I can get 3/8" in the color mix I need... or just 1/2" ID but mono-colored.

If I were to find something more specific I'd need to go over border (to the US) to get it; which complicates stuff up quite a bit
frown.gif


You may want to try to use compression fittings or some barbs over your tubing? I use zip-ties...

You're powering all those molex rails from the integrate fan controller in the case?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
i have to admit, even though the cable managing on thsi case is nice...managing the default front panel wires are a pain.

especially the fan/led ones.

i took the front audio and firewire out. got too lazy for the esata, i think it was glued on.
nice build.

u cut the top panel with a dremel?

just fyi, the sniper supports a 360 rad defaultly. it's just the holes werent drilled, but it can fit a 360 rad without cutting more of the panel off.

and since the bottom supports a 140mm fan, why not go with a 140 mm rad?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick;12037611
i have to admit, even though the cable managing on thsi case is nice...managing the default front panel wires are a pain.

especially the fan/led ones.

i took the front audio and firewire out. got too lazy for the esata, i think it was glued on.
nice build.
I will have a terminal block to take care of all that. The fire wire and all other unnecessary wires will be un-soldered from the controller. I can't wait for vacation to end so I can continue with my build. Is that bad? lol
Quote:
u cut the top panel with a dremel?
No, at the time I made that cut I had a jigsaw. I now have a dremel to mod the rest of the case, and it is what I will use for the rest of the mods/cuts.
Quote:
just fyi, the sniper supports a 360 rad defaultly. it's just the holes werent drilled, but it can fit a 360 rad without cutting more of the panel off.
Um.... no it does not. It only supports a 240 rad up top. To fit a 360 up top has been done but takes major modifications to do so. I wanted to have a 240 rad and 360 rad, since the case takes a 240 rad internally, it only made since for me to put the 240 up top internally and the 360 externally.
Quote:
and since the bottom supports a 140mm fan, why not go with a 140 mm rad?
I thought of that, but then I measured my space and a 140 rad was too long to fit down there. It would leave next to no room for my PSU wires to be routed as a 140 rad would nearly run into my PSU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I spent nearly all day on the computer yesterday. I got my new radiator mount installed, reflushed my loop, installed the rx120 rad, installed the missing gentle typhoons, replaced all the rad/fan mounts with nice black oxide fasteners, soldered in fan wire extensions, and installed both terminal blocks. Yet, to finish my build I still need to sleeve my PSU and case wires. I can't do that as I am still waiting for my MDPC-X sleeving, hopefully I will get it very soon.

I wanted direct air flow for my radiators without having to go through mesh or case parts, so I did some cutting -

Top of the case where my rs240 sits
20jan20112.jpg


Bottom of the case where my rx120 sits
20jan20113.jpg


And the top and bottom plastic case covers
20jan20111.jpg


Bottom rx120 and fans installed with new cut outs
20jan20115.jpg


Top rs240 and fans installed with new cutouts
20jan20116.jpg


And here is everything installed. Just don't pay attention to the wires, they will all be sleeved and hidden in due time.
21jan20112.jpg


Next, I got to work on installing my terminal blocks and extending my fan's wires to reach the terminal blocks. I want to hold off on taking too many pictures of the back of my case as it is a mess right now until I get my sleeving. But, once I sleeve, it will be tidy. But, here is what I can show -

The fan wires on my external rad and lower rx120 were to short to reach my terminal blocks, so I had to cut and soldering in extension wires-

21jan20113.jpg

21jan20114.jpg

21jan20115.jpg


All the yellow fan rpm wires will be sleeved into the sleeving. I didn't want to completely remove them just incase I ever wanted to utilize the rpm sensors.
21jan20116.jpg


Next I installed all the fan wires onto the terminal block-

21jan20117.jpg


Then I did something that was very scary for me, I cut one of my PSU molex leads to use it for the terminal block. However everything turned out great -

21jan20118.jpg


All installed-

21jan20119.jpg


Now, I just wait on my sleeving to finish it all up.
cheers.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thanks!

I am getting a bit bummed that my mdpc sleeving has not gotten here yet. I ordered it 11 days ago, hope it did not get lost in customs. I want to take better, more detailed pics of my setup, but want to hold off til the sleeving is done. The orange and yellow wires really throw off the look I am going for and ruin detailed pics.
 
21 - 40 of 128 Posts
Top