Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm considering upgrading to this phone since mines acting up a lot....

Hows this phone stack up? Can you actually use MP3's as ringtones instead of paying 3.50 for those crappy ones??

How about apps? lots of apps? modable?

In general, what can you tell me about this phone good or bad??

Thanks!

-Sidious

·
Registered
226 Posts
I dunno what Telus is but I have a Pearl 8130 and it's awesome. Yes you can use MP3's as ringtones, and there are a lot of good apps that you have to pay for, there aren't a lot of free ones. 3.5mm headphone jack, I use it as my MP3 player now with my 4gb micro sd. I'm gonna be upgrading to the Blackberry Storm soon, I would recommend waiting for it but it's only available for Verizon.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the storm is coming to telus, but I don't want the touch screen.

Does the 8130 feature text messaging like the iPhone has? I can't remember what its called... where each contacts texts are kinda stored seperate so each one is like their own convo?

whats that called again?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah I was talking about texts being grouped together from different contacts so its like instant messaging, keeping things organized.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Does it have to be Telus? I made the mistake of getting a 3 year deal with them... horrible! And then when my cellphone just dies right at the end of the contract (good job telus!) my mom goes and gets another 3 year deal!

Seriously though, telus is the worst cellphone provider in the country. If you aren't already under contract switch to rogers or bell, and get yourself an iPhone or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts