Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found that modern Platform Controller Hub (PCH) and CPU contain a full-fledged logic signal analyzer, which allows monitoring the state of internal lines and buses in real time—a gold mine for researchers. A vulnerability previously discovered by us, INTEL-SA-00086, enabled studying this technology, which is called Intel Visualization of Internal Signals Architecture (VISA). We believe it is used for manufacturing line verification of chips. With an enormous number of settings, VISA allows for the creating of custom rules for capturing and analyzing signals. VISA documentation is subject to an NDA and not available to ordinary users. However, we will show how, with the help of publicly available methods, one can access all the might of this technology WITHOUT ANY HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS on publicly available motherboards.
Source

This ain't over, grinder.

·
PC Gamer
3,185 Posts
just think about ai coming to existence and just swoop in and key into any system because there are vulnerabilities from top to bottom

·
Registered
103 Posts
OK...where is all the interest in this VISA system?

I would think there would have been 10 pages of posts about this by now...Am I on the wrong website?

I would LOVE more details about this but it seems the link is just to sell tickets to a conference.

·
Top kek
3,598 Posts

I would think there would have been 10 pages of posts about this by now...Am I on the wrong website?

I would LOVE more details about this but it seems the link is just to sell tickets to a conference.
Probably going under the radar due to the holidays. Or people do not care anymore lol.

·
Loosing Vision
1,894 Posts
What is the point of computers? They were to help us keep up with more complicated matters in order to off load the human limitation. However the computer has been exploited and will continue to be. IT is a by design and whomever wants to design software or hardware in order to do a given task will continue to do so even if it is not quite legal. We know the Chinese have implanted to the server boards etc.

At the end of the day even the you local Doctors and Government offices can't operate computer correctly. Seems when a human error or mistake happens they blame the fictitious Machine had error when in fact it is the humans that perform the entries. A very small percent is a actual hardware malfunction, I can't tell you how many times I go to offices and they repeat asking me the same info saying to update, yet the entries they are asking me has been updated every time I go and yet returns to the same.. This is poor use of time and software programming not reflecting current daily updates. It is just lazy corporation faults that the ones over it are either lazy or don't care, or the higher ups just don't care.

Computers make us lazy, it robs us of many human traits. If we lost ISP and computers cells we would see a wave of panic from the world. No more tv baby sitters or children raised to play games to occupy there time. It would be a shame to have to go back to cutting firewood to stay warm or doing all day chores..

·
Registered
10,400 Posts

OCN traffic seems to be quite bit lower after the last few major changes and all.

also this kind of interesting is this NEW NEW stuff or even older generation stuff?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

I'm guessing enough people have decided to abandon Blue team that it would get a lot more attention if this were an AMD product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts