Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having problems with my blackjack 2. I got my phone over ebay and it works perfectly fine, the only problem is that i am having problems settign up with my phone with activesync. I dont have the software cd that would have come with the phone had I bought it from a store. What do I need to do to get my phone to sync with my computer so that I can get windows mobile updates?

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the problem is that even when plugged in my phone isnt recognized, it still charges, but just wont recognize that its plugged in

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
I remember that happening when I didn't have the correct stuff from Windows downloaded. Do you have the most recent version of ActiveSync?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i do, my phone will charge when plugged in just wont establish a connection with activesync

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem is that on activesync on my phone it is telling me i need the getting started software on the cd they give you, but i dont have that cd. Shouldnt it automatically detect my phone?

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by njg
View Post

the problem is that on activesync on my phone it is telling me i need the getting started software on the cd they give you, but i dont have that cd. Shouldnt it automatically detect my phone?

You shouldn't need that at all. I had a Blackjack 2 and just downloaded Activesync from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ice-synch.mspx

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by e_dogg
View Post

You shouldn't need that at all. I had a Blackjack 2 and just downloaded Activesync from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ice-synch.mspx

Believe me i have done that downloaded the software and tried plugging it in, my phone charges i just dont know my activesync wont recognize it

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to the samsung support and apparently i have the wrong cable, is it true that there are just usb cables that only charge and wont sync? do i need a legit samsung cable for it to sync?

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
I would assume that all Blackjack 2 cables are created equal. But I suppose that it's possible that an aftermarket cable might not have the right wiring connection.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts