Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm giving some thought to a new set of key caps for my keyboard (WASD V2 87-key). I know this might sound kinda dumb, but I was thinking of a design that went well with my Zowie FK mouse (black with yellow accents). Plus I've seen some keyboards with blank key caps and I really love how clean it looks. Right now I've been thinking of something like this:

So I'm wondering what you guys think of blank key caps. I'm a bit hesitant to go through with it just because I don't know if I'll get frustrated with it or not. Although, I can touch type reasonably well and rarely need to look at the keyboard. No problems with gaming either - I never have to look when accessing, for example, "I" for inventory, "M" for map, and things like that. However, I do struggle a bit with the number row - especially their alternates (@,#,$,%, etc...)

Anyone out there using blanks? Thoughts and experiences?
confused.gif

·
Registered
179 Posts
jngfg dsgsfg fgd hdhkmjtopmpo453 dfghd 53 drgkdh.

Oh, sorry, I was using my blank key caps. Huehuehuehue.

It's an interesting idea. But I would likely go crazy over it. If you're comfortable with it, I would say go for it! It does indeed look very nice; black, yellow and red work gorgeously together.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazerLeon View Post

jngfg dsgsfg fgd hdhkmjtopmpo453 dfghd 53 drgkdh.

Oh, sorry, I was using my blank key caps. Huehuehuehue.

It's an interesting idea. But I would likely go crazy over it. If you're comfortable with it, I would say go for it! It does indeed look very nice; black, yellow and red work gorgeously together.
LOL! Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of doing.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
you'll be fine.

Just a note, WASD keycaps are kinda dull, so don't expect the red or yellow to pop that much.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

you'll be fine.

Just a note, WASD keycaps are kinda dull, so don't expect the red or yellow to pop that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinDaDragon View Post

I use blanks on my QuickfireTK. As long as you know where the keys are, you'll be fine. I never look at the keyboard when I type anyways.
OK. Thanks for the replies, guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts