1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashiok

Update - 11/18
We've recently completed a revised version of the Diablo II 1.13 patch that removes the increased stash size. A larger stash will unfortunately no longer be a feature included in patch 1.13 due to the previously mentioned concerns. As higher priority work continues on Warcraft III we're hoping to complete our quality assurance tests for the 1.13 patch in the next few weeks. But as always, the types of issues that may appear and take higher priority are rarely foreseeable. We continue to plan a release based on our best intentions.

Source

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Seriously? They are still updating DII? Holy cow.

I remember Diablo II ads on my first computer...it was a Pentium 166Mhz....

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
People will play Diablo 2 FOREVER. It is the quintessential dungeon crawler and is also one of the GREATEST pc games of ALL TIME. Heck, retailers still sell it, I saw it for sale yesterday at Fry's.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglylizard
View Post

This sucks. I am going to check what the "concerns" are...

The concerns were that it would case too much stress on the servers or something...

I think its all BS. Increased stash has been implemented by the community and I'm pretty sure it runs on open B.Net just fine.

I guess this explains why Diablo III isn't going to be out until 2011. Honestly I didn't think Blizzard was this incompetent...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

The concerns were that it would case too much stress on the servers or something...

I think its all BS. Increased stash has been implemented by the community and I'm pretty sure it runs on open B.Net just fine.

I guess this explains why Diablo III isn't going to be out until 2011. Honestly I didn't think Blizzard was this incompetent...

they're not incompetent, they likely just want to be conservative with the dedicated servers and don't feel like spending money to upgrade them.

Not saying I agree, but greedy /= incompetent.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm shocked they are looking at this game too. I've never played it myself, but I see that battle chest version of it all the time. Are you saying it's worth it?

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varjo View Post
they're not incompetent, they likely just want to be conservative with the dedicated servers and don't feel like spending money to upgrade them.

Not saying I agree, but greedy /= incompetent.
I'm saying incompetence because increasing the stash would only be an extra 100 bytes of storage or so.

All in all it should only be an extra 40mb of storage per realm to increase the stash size of every character and all of their mules.

Unless they are stupid, and instead of saying that position i,j of the stash is "0x83", they say the that position i,j is "The 3rd tile in the "Cowardly Cleaver of Bravery, in the stash belonging to "XxYoMamaxX".

I'm guessing that its closer to the second one than the first. Every position in the stash should simply hold a byte, maybe two, which corresponds to a particular item in the database.

If they are worried about the server load they should simply crack down on spam. If they can get rid of a significant portion of spam they could probably clear up over 1GB of storage, over 25 times as much resources as it takes to increase the stash size.

It shouldn't be that hard. They doubled the stash size in LoD, all we're asking for is another small increase.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nseaton1 View Post
I'm shocked they are looking at this game too. I've never played it myself, but I see that battle chest version of it all the time. Are you saying it's worth it?
It's a great game if you're a fan of dungeon crawlers.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Favorite game of all time. Anyways, that really sucks they removed the upgraded stash. I remember having 2 full accounts of mules.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts