Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GeForce RTX GPUs deliver 4K HDR gaming on modern AAA titles at 60 frames per second — a feat even our flagship GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU can’t manage.
source

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
So that looks like around ~45% average FPS increase, not too bad. The 2080Ti over 1080Ti should be about the same. So that would put the 2080Ti around 10% faster than the Titan V if it scales linearly.

If this is truly the case, the price makes sense now.

·
waifu for lifu
11,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^Didn't you get 2?! Jellie!

·
PC Evangelist
46,944 Posts
Not bad. Probably the difference is lower if they are comparing FE models.

·
4k Enthusiast
3,930 Posts
Good. Looks like the naysayers and armchair GPU engineers comparing core count were indeed wrong and this is an ordinary architectural performance boost and not just ray tracing snake oil. Looking forward to my 2080 Ti.

·
Still here...
3,268 Posts
While I'm skipping this gen, I'd like to see a comparison between the GTX 1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti using DLSS. That might make the ~$450 price difference justifiable to those interested in 4K performance.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Wait so its looking like I actually knew what I was talking about? Removing raster load increases FPS?!?!? No freakin way! /s

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Good. Looks like the naysayers and armchair GPU engineers comparing core count were indeed wrong and this is an ordinary architectural performance boost and not just ray tracing snake oil. Looking forward to my 2080 Ti.
This shouldn't come at a surprise at all, the 2080 has 15% more shaders and probably a 20% frequency advantage at stock. Factoring in NVidia's benchmark generosity of 5-10% to make their newer cards look better, this preview of performance is exactly in line with specs. This is not an ordinary architectural performance boost, almost nothing changed other than frequencies and shader count.

You can buy a 1080ti for almost half of what 2080's are pre ordering for right now where I live. They will perform within 10% of each other outside of niche settings like the RTX setting. This is absolute insanity. The only card I sort of understand is the 2080ti because it is the fastest card on the planet, everything else is absolutely a waste of money as there are cheaper alternatives from the previous gen. Even the 2080ti, though; 30% performance improvement for $1000 CAD premium over the gtx 1080ti where I live. That is INSANITY. INSANITY EVERYWHEREEEEE

·
:)
553 Posts
Ouch, terrible. $300 more for 1080 TI performance which you can get for around $500 now. Unless you care about using RT @ 1080P 60fps.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The 1080 Ti was 50% faster than the 980 Ti, at a $50 price bump.

If the 2080 Ti is indeed 50% faster than the 1080 Ti, there is no way to justify the +$400-500 price bump. This would be simply ridiculous price gouging due to no competition, no two ways about it.

On a side note, that chart is still a bit fishy. It says light green bars are DLSS on while dark green bars are DLSS off. But it doesn't say anything about RT. For all we know the dark green and gray bars could be RT on.
EDIT: Nevermind, I had a brain fart. Most of those games don't support RT anyway so they should all be off.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
To be fair, they said that the 2070 is faster than the Titan XP, but they meant in terms of Gigarays/s, not actual gaming fps.

of course anything is faster in anything if you dont have the specific hardware to begin with...

the line was like out of hand and to create hype...

a s9 miner do more hash than a 1080TI say wut?
Nvidia say wut???

XD

·
waifu for lifu
11,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 1080 Ti was 50% faster than the 980 Ti, at a $50 price bump.

If the 2080 Ti is indeed 50% faster than the 1080 Ti, there is no way to justify the +$400-500 price bump.

On a side note, that chart is still a bit fishy. It says light green bars are DLSS on while dark green bars are DLSS off. But it doesn't say anything about RT. For all we know the dark green and gray bars could be RT on.

Some devs got the cards 2 weeks ago. I dont think those benches will be accurate. Possibly after some RT games actually launch.

1 - 20 of 249 Posts