Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with a Foxconn Bloodrage for an i7 920 build. It seems the GTI version is the only one available. Is used my only option left?

Firewire is my main issue with the GTI. Can I just slap a pci firewire card in or would there be issues doing so? I render and edit Hi Def video so it's essential for me.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Where do you live currently? There may be a regular Blood Rage available, you just have to look hard. If nothing else, then yes, you can use a normal PCI Firewire card with the GTI.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

Where do you live currently? There may be a regular Blood Rage available, you just have to look hard. If nothing else, then yes, you can use a normal PCI Firewire card with the GTI.

I'm in NJ. Do you mean available used or new?

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
I mean new. I have found one here, but I haven't heard anyone buying from there so I'm not sure how good the shop is. Right now it's safe to assume that the popular X58s are getting revised to support SATA 6.0Gbps and USB 3.0, but don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
513 Posts
This was included in my list the time I'm deciding which x58 mobo to get. At the end, I bought P6T vanilla.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
I mean new. I have found one here, but I haven't heard anyone buying from there so I'm not sure how good the shop is. Right now it's safe to assume that the popular X58s are getting revised to support SATA 6.0Gbps and USB 3.0, but don't hold me to that.
Thank you. I don't really know what to do. $219.99 for the GTI at Newegg doesn't really seem that bad.

Do most of you think I can do better than the GTI near that price point? Other than firewire is it really that much of a downgrade?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
Thank you. I don't really know what to do. $219.99 for the GTI at Newegg doesn't really seem that bad.

Do most of you think I can do better than the GTI near that price point? Other than firewire is it really that much of a downgrade?
if I hadn't gotten my bloodrage, i would have went an entirely different route before getting the gti. would have gotten asus instead.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Well you don't get the SAS controller or ports, the fancy power management cooling, or the water block, fan, or DICE/LN2 pot, but if you don't mind any of that, the GTI is a quite sensible option. Just add the PCI Firewire card and you're good to go.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
Right now it's safe to assume that the popular X58s are getting revised to support SATA 6.0Gbps and USB 3.0, but don't hold me to that.
Hm, I didn't really take this into account. I was going to order up my board and other components here in a couple weeks, but I wonder if it would be worth holding off for a SATA3/USB3 board... just for futureability's (yes) sake.

Meh.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
If I could do it over agian I woudn't have bought the Foxconn. Id much rather have a board that has more then 3 memory slots. Oh well..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts