Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this for $95 at a shop.

The switch, can someone identify them? -> I think they are a replica of MX black? I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Switch is "Greetech GT02A1ADW "

img_39128ikob.jpg

EDIT2: Driver for keyboard is released by manufacturer, refer to: this post

The instruction booklet says you can

-Switch from 1000hz polling to 125hz (1ms/18ms)
-Change lighting effect
-Activate turbo key/autopress
-How to remove keys / install rubber ring
-Mode to disable window key "game mode"

There are 20x rubber o ring included, the intended purpose is to reduce the typing sound from the keyboard. You place them in the shaft of the key cap.

According to: =211116&specId=12967&tcId=238]http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/benchmarks/31/keyboards?products[]=211116&specId=12967&tcId=238

Max keypress: 104
Force to press key: 56grams
Spacebar: 68gram

As for lighting effect.

Can be cycled through function key:
Breating light is standard
Single zone only (typing zone from ` to right CTRL) - breathes
Constant on (all keys)
Constant on (typing zone only)
Off
Strobe F1-F12

Custom preset 1/2 (press to choose which key is illuminated)

1x dedicated lighting disable

Brightness adjust for 6 level

Function display: Num/cap/scoll lock. Game mode, polling rate select, and turbo function active or not.

Pictures

Box
img_3915fejew.jpg

KB
img_3945khkwq.jpg

img_3935y7kwv.jpg

Bottom
img_3953dbkek.jpg

Palm rest
img_39499tkgb.jpg

Key
img_3933mjjv9.jpg

Accessories
img_3932ptjrs.jpg

Cable
img_3947g5ktu.jpg

Full unboxing/pic: http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=zPrJnCtx

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxWolf1 View Post

Switch is one of these. I don't have much information on them.

What does it feel like to use?
Keypresses are heavy, and no nump feedback before the click signal is sent to the computer. Coating on the keys is paint, so they feel inbetween glossy plastic and rubber coating.

Coming from a laptop KB user, I'd have to adjust for a few days before being comfortable typing with this.

Btw. in the link you gave. There's 2 black switches? http://www.greetech.com/en/showproducts.asp?id=428 / http://www.greetech.com/en/showproducts.asp?id=423

·
Registered
482 Posts
yeah looks like the housing is stamped Greetech. The stems look cherry compatible. I'm not sure why they would include some O-rings but not enough for the whole board. In some ways it feels like a Corsair clone based on the wrist rest that's included.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

Keypresses are heavy, and no nump feedback before the click signal is sent to the computer. Coating on the keys is paint, so they feel inbetween glossy plastic and rubber coating.

Coming from a laptop KB user, I'd have to adjust for a few days before being comfortable typing with this.

Btw. in the link you gave. There's 2 black switches? http://www.greetech.com/en/showproducts.asp?id=428 / http://www.greetech.com/en/showproducts.asp?id=423
One has an integrated diode; the other doesn't. This variation is seen within Cherry MX switches as well, for instance, MX1A-11NN vs MX1A-11DN (MX Black, plate mounted, without and with diode, respectively).

Feel sounds similar to MX Black.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxWolf1 View Post

One has an integrated diode; the other doesn't. This variation is seen within Cherry MX switches as well, for instance, MX1A-11NN vs MX1A-11DN (MX Black, plate mounted, without and with diode, respectively).

Feel sounds similar to MX Black.
Do you think 95$ is a good price for this KB? Is the switch quality good? Compared to MX black?
I never bought a mech KB before this one, so I cannot judge.

Also, there seems to be a possible cutout for 1x usb and a pair of audio in/out in the logo plate.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Quote:

I bought this for $95 at a shop.

The switch, can someone identify them? -> I think they are a replica of MX black? I could be wrong though.

The instruction booklet says you can

-Switch from 1000hz polling to 125hz (1ms/18ms)
-Change lighting effect
-Activate turbo key/autopress
-How to remove keys / install rubber ring
-Mode to disable window key "game mode"

There are 20x rubber o ring included, the intended purpose is to reduce the typing sound from the keyboard. You place them in the shaft of the key cap.

As for lighting effect.

Can be cycled through function key:
Breating light is standard
Single zone only (typing zone from ` to right CTRL) - breathes
Constant on (all keys)
Constant on (typing zone only)
Off
Strobe F1-F12

Custom preset 1/2 (press to choose which key is illuminated)

1x dedicated lighting disable

Brightness adjust for 6 level

Function display: Num/cap/scoll lock. Game mode, polling rate select, and turbo function active or not.

Pictures

Box
img_3915fejew.jpg
Brushing in front of your computer is pretty hardcore.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put some info on key type/key press weight on the OP.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There seems to be a new driver with firmware update for the KB.

Before it has more than 6 level of lighting, now has 4 level + 1 off. Also it remembers the last used illumination type after restart/unplug.

Every key can be programmed and have 2 profiles that can be bound to a running executable.

Macro software include Oscar and Core4(?) function.

There is a tutorial on what the FN command keys do.

DL: http://www.bloody.tw/cn/Download.php -> uppermost driver, includes english translation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Bloody B540.
The Switch is made by Greetech ~
http://www.greetech.com/en/about.asp
IMO, despite Greetech being new to the keyboard switch-making game, the switches that they make are of great quality.
In fact, for a company that started for about a decade, to survive this long in this day & age, you'd have to be good. Really good.
People are just quick to judge, simply because of Cherry, but Cherry will always be Cherry. They set the bar pretty high, but we all know that the best can't stay the best forever.
It's only a matter of time.

Gambling on a new product, particularly the switch, is not something most people will immediately go for.
As always, they will pursue the brand that they trust - or rather, switch.
However, in some cases, nobody will truly know unless they've tried.
In this case, the Greetech Switches.
As far as the reviews & opinions I've seen, they rated the switches accordingly.
Gateron > Cherry > Greetech > Kailh
In other words, from user opinions, the Greetech Switches surpass the Kailh, which is funny because I've only seen Greetech Switches in fewer brands compared to Kailh.
Even with a lesser number, Greetech switches are more favored than Kailh.
To add, I've seen DAS began using Greetech Switches as well.

As far as this Bloody B540 keyboard is concerned, particularly the switch, it's a bit lighter to press than a Cherry MX Black..
To me, the Cherry MX Black was a bit heavy, but with the Greetech Black, I found a perfect match.
I wanted something heavy, but not too much, & thankfully, Greetech did an awesome job.
I do, however, find the space bar a bit annoying at times being way too heavy - being enhanced by screws and all, but at certain times, also find myself mashing it, so I can't complain.

As for the worth of about a 100 bucks, I mean, who can complain.
You get a red illuminated keyboard, you have control over the brightness level, you can set it between steady or breathing, you can choose which lights stay illuminated, you have full control over all the keys, the software is very easy to use, the keyboard itself can save all of the settings, poll rate, game mode, full nkey rollover via usb and anti-ghosting, an included palm rest, & despite having only 20 pieces of O rings, you still have 20 of them! I mean, most keyboards if not all, sold for a hundred bucks without even a single piece of that!

I don't know what other people are going for these days, but compared to other illuminated keyboards that have lesser features, lesser keys, with Kailh switches and sold for about a hundred bucks?
I'm not the type to prioritize on brand names, by the way.
What I go for are features that I want and value.
The B540, hands down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

Do you think 95$ is a good price for this KB? Is the switch quality good? Compared to MX black?
I never bought a mech KB before this one, so I cannot judge.

Also, there seems to be a possible cutout for 1x usb and a pair of audio in/out in the logo plate.
By the way, the cutout you mentioned about a USB / Audio / Mic, it isn't there because it's part of a higher model Bloody.

Here is the Bloody B640, with the available USB / Audio / Mic. It's a feature that they included for the Mechanical "Optic Switch", which is a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Did someone here managed to put o-ring on this keyboard's space bar? Would like to put one since its the loudest key, but I'm scared of breaking something when pulling harder.
redface.gif
As far as I know space bars are tricky to remove on some keyboards. Would appreciate help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
By the way, I tried to turn those two screws on the bottom, but this seems to have no effect at all, they're just turning around.

On this image it looks like those screws are holding spacebar in place, but can't unscrew them.
frown.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.