Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekwiz99 View Post

yep, and those who got separated might think: this is what i get for being royal?

then nokia replies: yep
Royals don't deserve much since they ask mummy and daddy for more government money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
They should go and thank the trojan named Elop for this.

Welp, at least NSN is doing good for them right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
This is why you should never ever stop making career-related connections and always have a backup plan / job! I didn't and now I'm unemployed for over 3 years without any hope of ever being employed, even though up until 3 years ago, my education and career-oriented accomplishments were stellar (not bragging) without any gaps or bad reviews or anything like that. Then my company (BAC) decided to "lean-out" and focus only on primary functions and that included letting go 30000 people. My team was among the first teams with projects deemed "unnecessary, non-priority" work.

I can speak 3 languages fluently and another one moderately-well, have no police record, excellent credit, and can pass any drug test, yet I can't get any job at all due to either being overqualified for low-wage jobs and lacking experience for mid/high-wage jobs. If only I could do manual labor.., but I have a seriously messed up back, so that's out of the questions. No hiring manager or employer would even consider hiring an employee with a 3 year gap.

The same exact thing is about to happen to people from Nokia... I feel bad for them. I bet some will even commit suicide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

This is why you should never ever stop making career-related connections and always have a backup plan / job! I didn't and now I'm unemployed for over 3 years without any hope of ever being employed, even though up until 3 years ago, my education and career-oriented accomplishments were stellar (not bragging) without any gaps or bad reviews or anything like that. Then my company (BAC) decided to "lean-out" and focus only on primary functions and that included letting go 30000 people. My team was among the first teams with projects deemed "unnecessary, non-priority" work.

I can speak 3 languages fluently and another one moderately-well, have no police record, excellent credit, and can pass any drug test, yet I can't get any job at all due to either being overqualified for low-wage jobs and lacking experience for mid/high-wage jobs. If only I could do manual labor.., but I have a seriously messed up back, so that's out of the questions. No hiring manager or employer would even consider hiring an employee with a 3 year gap.

The same exact thing is about to happen to people from Nokia... I feel bad for them. I bet some will even commit suicide.
Learn programming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

This is why you should never ever stop making career-related connections and always have a backup plan / job! I didn't and now I'm unemployed for over 3 years without any hope of ever being employed, even though up until 3 years ago, my education and career-oriented accomplishments were stellar (not bragging) without any gaps or bad reviews or anything like that. Then my company (BAC) decided to "lean-out" and focus only on primary functions and that included letting go 30000 people. My team was among the first teams with projects deemed "unnecessary, non-priority" work.

I can speak 3 languages fluently and another one moderately-well, have no police record, excellent credit, and can pass any drug test, yet I can't get any job at all due to either being overqualified for low-wage jobs and lacking experience for mid/high-wage jobs. If only I could do manual labor.., but I have a seriously messed up back, so that's out of the questions. No hiring manager or employer would even consider hiring an employee with a 3 year gap.

The same exact thing is about to happen to people from Nokia... I feel bad for them. I bet some will even commit suicide.
May I ask, what's your degree ? Or do you have any Bachelor's or Master's Degree at all ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

May I ask, what's your degree ? Or do you have any Bachelor's or Master's Degree at all ?
Could be certifications obtained as well
smile.gif
or both
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

May I ask, what's your degree ? Or do you have any Bachelor's or Master's Degree at all ?
Of course I do. Here's my resume, which also includes my LinkedIn page and Indeed.com page. Let me know if you know anyone seeking a Business Analyst with my talents
rolleyes.gif
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

May I ask, what's your degree ? Or do you have any Bachelor's or Master's Degree at all ?
Yes, I have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with 2 majors, 1 minor, and 3.5 GPA. Please let me know if you know anyone seeking a general business analyst or similar specialties
biggrin.gif
.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post

Hi Folks - please don't post any personal identifiable information on overclock.net
http://www.overclock.net/a/terms-of-service
Unless its information already made public, correct?
Yes, but even then, why would you want to? I wouldn't recommend anyone post anything. Whitepages is publicly listed information and has all your phone number and address, but that doesn't mean you post that too. Note that EVERYONE and I mean, EVERYONE can read this forum - this goes for criminals too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post

Yes, but even then, why would you want to? I wouldn't recommend anyone post anything. Whitepages is publicly listed information and has all your phone number and address, but that doesn't mean you post that too. Note that EVERYONE and I mean, EVERYONE can read this forum - this goes for criminals too.
Your recommendations are not needed, as its not reflective of what is permissible. Only thing that is needed is a clear understanding of ToS and people can decide for themselves how to operate within that threshold.

So in that regards, Thank You.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post

Yes, but even then, why would you want to? I wouldn't recommend anyone post anything. Whitepages is publicly listed information and has all your phone number and address, but that doesn't mean you post that too. Note that EVERYONE and I mean, EVERYONE can read this forum - this goes for criminals too.
Your recommendations are not needed, as its not reflective of what is permissible. Only thing that is needed is a clear understanding of ToS and people can decide for themselves how to operate within that threshold.

So in that regards, Thank You.
You would be surprised. Anyway, let's get back on topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
I just sold my nokia windows phone. The marketplace is dead, and the ebay app has not been updated in over a year.

GPS is mediocre and makes me log in now to save favorites, the old version did not need a login.

The phone browser would randomly crash with no explanation.

Other than that it was a very fast and cheap phone, but it had no software for it, and to use anything google I had to open a desktop site in the browser. Far from convenient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousNapper View Post

I just sold my nokia windows phone..
There is no true "Nokia" windows phone, it's just Windows and yes those need to go away. Anyway, soon Nokia will be allowed to create handsets again and they'll put in Android N (hopefully) and they'll be back. Build quality is next to none, all they lacked was a proper OS and that's where they made the mistake of going to bed with MS.

They'll be back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

There is no true "Nokia" windows phone, it's just Windows and yes those need to go away. Anyway, soon Nokia will be allowed to create handsets again and they'll put in Android N (hopefully) and they'll be back. Build quality is next to none, all they lacked was a proper OS and that's where they made the mistake of going to bed with MS.

They'll be back.
Nokia is already allowed to use it's name again on smartphones but as far as I've heard they will just license out the name to Foxconn or the likes who pays the best. They don't have any more fabs to start producing phones this quick again.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top