Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded to a 2600K with UD4 motherboard with Corsair 2x4GB CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 memory. As soon as I rebooted the board gives off a long continuous beep. According to the Gigabyte user manual there is a problem with my RAM.

I tried each 4GB Module on it own thinking maybe there was a defective module but no luck and I even updated the Bios still no luck.

Is the Ram I mentioned before compatible with the Motherboard/cpu?

Plz help Im kind of noob

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,664 Posts
You wrote that you updated your BIOS, so I'm assuming your RAM allowed your system to post before the update?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzogreg
View Post

You wrote that you updated your BIOS, so I'm assuming your RAM allowed your system to post before the update?

Yes but it crashes sometimes before... could it be the Motherboard?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually booted into windows ok 10 - 30 half the time but about minutes later my System would crash then got the blue screen.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC_Gamer_2026;12026130
The Ram stock Voltage is 1.5

How much raise the voltage?

Sry for being such a noob
frown.gif
If it is at the right voltage then you are good. Test the memory for defects using Memtest86+:

http://www.memtest.org/

Download the ISO and burn to CD and then put it in your new PC and let it run and check for errors and then report back.

Some people had memory issues with G. Skill with the P8P67 Pro boards so I'm sure Gigabyte will get a few flukes also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob;12026225
If it is at the right voltage then you are good. Test the memory for defects using Memtest86+:

http://www.memtest.org/

Download the ISO and burn to CD and then put it in your new PC and let it run and check for errors and then report back.

Some people had memory issues with G. Skill with the P8P67 Pro boards so I'm sure Gigabyte will get a few flukes also.
Thx will give it a go and report back.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Have you tried clearing the CMOS? How about updating to the latest bios? Gigabyte's QVL ram list is super short, you're going to have to see what other people are using that works on the board if you can't get yours sorted out. I know Asus has MemOk to adjust ram for compatability.

But how did the Memtest go?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts