Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BSOD Posting Instructions
for Windows 8.1 - Windows 8 - Windows 7 - Vista

1. Revert all / any overclocks to stock settings. Even though we're Overclock.net and we take pride in our overclocks, analyzing and troubleshooting an overclocked system is very difficult and will only make things take longer, especially if the overclock is the issue in the first place. You're more than welcome to overclock once again after your issues are solved.

2. Download the Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App - save to Documents folder - http://www.sysnative.com/apps/SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.exe

3. Run the app - double-click on the EXE file from #1
  • Output = new folder created in Documents + a zipped version -- SysnativeFileCollectionApp + SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip
4. Run a System Health Report (PERFMON) -
  • Vista/Windows 7 - START | type perfmon /report | save as HTML file
  • Windows 8.1/8 - Press WIN+X keys - select "Command Prompt Admin" CMD prompt | type perfmon /report | save as HTML file
5. Zip up the PERFMON output; create new thread HERE and attach the 2 zip files

NOTE: The app auto-zips the SysnativeFileCollectionApp output folder. It is located in your Documents folder. Windows Explorer should open and highlight the zipped folder

Please do not modify the output files!

For info: The Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App does not get installed (it is a stand-alone EXE) nor does it make any changes to the registry. It only creates the SysnativeFileCollectionApp output folder + a zipped version - both located in Documents folder. You can delete them at any time, but we suggest that you wait until our work together is completed before doing so.

6. Please provide answers for the following if not listed in your signature -
· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista?
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
· What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem?
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
· Approximate age of system (hardware)
· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know)
· Have you re-installed the OS?

· CPU
· Video Card
· MotherBoard
· Power Supply - brand & wattage

· System Manufacturer
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

Laptop or Desktop?

Posting Instructions based off of and provided by my great friend jcgriff2, Administrator of Sysnative forums.

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OP updated and reworked entirely given the collection app has been rewritten by myself and a few others from the ground up over the past few months. Please do note that I myself do not personally have the time here on OCN as I am extremely busy over the past year in other aspects, so I will not be able to attend to any PMs regarding BSOD assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.